Guest crwoodford

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alan_builder

:huh:

Truer than U thought.

Did 3 discs in (back dics) getting his 34" sony TV up the 3 floors (no lift).

Will get pictures of hood, Track and side screens.

I :wub: my RH

Did 3 discs in (back dics) getting his 34" sony TV up the 3 floors (no lift).

What lies!

Firstly I live on the second floor and its a 32" TV.

And you made me and a friend carry it up the stairs 6 weeks after my leg came out of plaster!

Guest Alan_builder
What lies!

Firstly I live on the second floor and its a 32" TV.

And you made me and a friend carry it up the stairs 6 weeks after my leg came out of plaster!

I seem to remember Edd and Stuart carried the TV and just watching did my back in! Ok it was bad to begin with! But I did drive the lorry! PS the TV may have started out at 32" but by the pent house it was a 34" they will tell U, has it shrunk back?

The pictures as promised yesterday are on my web pages local link "Our Advice or Tips" from the URL below.

Yes, Elwe did the sowing and it's your turn to wash Kitten

Guest crwoodford

Hi, Thanks to everyone who responded...

After some further frustrating research.. I think they are actually called 'Turn Buttons' and related to boating? Maybe not 'Turn Buckles' which appear to be bottle screws used to stretch cable? But hey, thanks for the advice anyway which certainly sent me in the right direction.

There are also other fasteners called 'Quarter Turn Fasteners' which I dont think are really suitable?

And the Caravan Awning idea will be perfect for the Screen fastening. All I need now is some suitable fabric and a Seamstress as the waterproof cover will need to be bespoke.

Cheers All.

Merry Christmas and all that.

Col (Taunton)

Graham ( he of the Pheonix) had the awning set up and i was much impressed, just had a quick look at my hood set and it has a fuzzy covered rope runner at the windscreen end almost 1/2 inch diameter.

I don't know if the runner is SVA compatible, so may be should be fitted later.

Also how would you fit it?

I am sure the caravan track won't pass SVA.

We fitted it with M4 button head screws, one every 200mm or so. I drilled and tapped the windscreen frame to M4. 8mm M4s work well with one washer under the head. Acorn Fasteners didn't have any 7mm ones.

We used plastic coated steel rope from B&Q rather than ordinary rope as others have done. The steel rope is good and stiff which means you can push the hood in from one side rather than having to pull it through the track.

Guest Battery Bill
Foxy, it's basically a split U track that you pull a rope or cable through. Go to any Caravan shop, you'll see it there on the awnings & blinds...

Thats like Chris Browns <_<

Col

One alternative would be have a look at the setup on our website, no poppers for us and it does not leak, John's wife who made the Surrey for us did an excellent job and very reasonably priced as well.

Bill

:D

Guest crwoodford

Hi All, and thanks to all... I found what I wanted on eBay (No surprise there then!)

A seller called: rpm999boat sells the 'Turnbuttons' and corresponding 'Eyelets' which are Chrome look (nickle coated brass) and will not rust. I have ordered some and will let you know how I get on.

I will probably look into the Caravan Awning thing for the screen fitting (Thanks for that tip) and use the Turnbuttons for the back end.

I dont want a full monty weather top, just something that will get me home relatively dry if I happen to be caught out by a shower on one of my 'Sunshine Only' outings!!! B)

Can some one recommend material/fabric for the cover? I will need to get it run up by a friendly seamstress... or do the rules of RH ownership mean I will need to do that myself :o

Cheers

Col

Guest Battery Bill

Col

Can some one recommend material/fabric for the cover? I will need to get it run up by a friendly seamstress... or do the rules of RH ownership mean I will need to do that myself

Like I Said, have a look on our website and you will see the Surrey top that we had made for us £40

Cheers

Bill

We used 2m of caldura. I can't remember what weight it was or where it came from. It was £7.

I sewed the hood by hand before going to Bordeaux because my mothers sewing machine has never worked correctly. It took me 2 days to get it done. Now I have access to another sewing machne I went over it all. With the machine it only took 2 hours. :boohoo: