Loom Problems

Guest perky123

Guest perky123

Hi everyone

I have got two problems with the wiring,

problem one, where do the two white wires from the vicki green loom to the ignition system go, it does not tell you on the wiring diagram.

problem two, the ignition system I have got is the one with the large ECU, the sub loom I took off my donor has a large conector that plugs into the ECU and a smaller plug that I don't know were it goes.

Can any help it is driving me mad. :angry:

Thanks

Guest TerryBarry

On a 2.0litre with ESCII and carburettor - I have three plugs on sub-loom

Largest goes to ESC unit

Smaller one goes to carburettor stepper motor

Smallest goes to distributor

I'm reusing the Sierra loom - have no knowledge of VG thingy

HTH

Terry

Guest Gpayne

one of the wires goes to the negative of the coil the other goes to the positive i dont have the vg loom myself but helped someone with it i dont remember which way round it is one of them is for the rev counter check at the multiplug for the clocks one it has an id. you have to use the sub loom off the sierra you should have marked which connection the green wire goes to on the coil which ever wire you have left goes to the other side of the coil dont forget to wire in the relay on the old sub loom

red ---live from battery

redblue---live to ecu

black ---switched live from ignition

brown---earth

its 1130 at night and these colours are off the top of my head

if you get stuck i can always look at my relay for you at a reasonable hour

am in the garage friday till about 9 01388 811219 co durham

Guest perky123

Cheers for the help, I didn't take the sub loom my dad did and he didn't lable it and then forgot where everything went I guess there is a moral here, I hate wires, the rest is easy. Thanks again I will probebly be back in touch when I have to do more wiring. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Takumi

On my VG chart, it say splice the white/black wire (VG loom) into the green coil

-ve wire (engine loom).

The other of the two wires must be the +ve coil plug.

Ive just finished my insturment wiring (1/2 ok :S) and my colomn switches, the only problem Ive had is 1 plug on the sierra colomn does not correspond to the same wire/colours/positions on the VG chart.

The 2 sided plug on the side with 2 stalks off the colomn.

Anyone else had any trouble..

tak.

Guest Charles B

As far as I can tell, I cannot see how it is possible to wire the original stalk switches to the VG loom without using relays. The lights/wiper switch works by switching to ground ( one of the fixing bolts earths out part of the switch contacts) The V.G. loom switches on the positive side.Get it wrong and your switch goes up in smoke. I used a rocker switch on the dash for my lights, much easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Takumi

note: the sealed headlamps and a slightly lower (dipped)power rating than the original sierra headlights,

only 45w dipped, 60w full

I know what you mean by the loom not using relays.. seems an obvious oversight

and maybe even a flaw in their loom. It limits the upgrade potential of the old lamps, you would now have to have a relay on another ciruit just to drive some aux lamps..

I am going to have faith.. :s

Hope you get it sorted..

tak