Clutch Cable For Super Spec

Guest Jan

Well !! I thought today as it was reasonably sunny I would have a little blast round, pulled the car out of the garage got in put my foot on the clutch before turning over and Crunch Bang a broken clutch cable.

Lucky I suppose just a case of pushing the hood back in no call out lol.

Anyway I have a question, does anyone know what car the cable is from or a part number, I cycled down to the local car spares shop and no luck there.

The outer is 1520mm long no markings on it at all.

The SS has the 2ltr Rover engine and the MT75 G Box.

Any help would be appreciated

Jan

Hi Jan

It's a QCC1303, It's off a 81 - 86 Fiat Ducato

Steve

That was fast, Thanks Steve I guess you had one go too lol I must admit I would never have guessed that one lol

Thanks again, your a Gentleman & a Schollar :good:

Jan

Hi

No I've not had one go, I just did not like the way the builder had fitted it to the clutch pedal, the new cable comes with a nice eye on the end, so 2 half brackets later, a cable that will swivel as the ark of the pedal changes the angle.

NOT CUT A GOOD END OFF AND NIP BETWEEN NUTS AND WASHERS that lock it in place and stress the cable.

Steve

Hi Steve

SNAP!!! thats why this one has gone I reckon, it broke just inside the outer at the pedal end, It was held in exactly the way you say, you havnt any pics of your handy work have you ?

I will have a think and see what I can come up with if not.

Cheers Steve

regards

Jan

Hope this works

post-3155-127403223256_thumb.jpg

Not my best art work :fool: But should give you an Idea of how I did mine

Steve

Thanks Steve the artwork is perfect, Just hope my metalwork is up the the same standard lol

Thanks again

all the best

Jan

Hope this works

post-3155-127403223256_thumb.jpg

Not my best art work :fool: But should give you an Idea of how I did mine

Steve

Steve !! how did you get round the problem of the inner cable being too long after fitting the bracket? Jan

Steve !! how did you get round the problem of the inner cable being too long after fitting the bracket? Jan

Doh forgot about that. Made up a spacer for the gearbox end out of some 35mm plastic rod I had Knocking about.

30mm long with a 12.5mm through hole and fitted between the outer cable and the gearbox support plate, with the inner cable running through it. I would think any rod 25 - 45mm would do and the 30mm length is nominal.

Steve

Doh forgot about that. Made up a spacer for the gearbox end out of some 35mm plastic rod I had Knocking about.

30mm long with a 12.5mm through hole and fitted between the outer cable and the gearbox support plate, with the inner cable running through it. I would think any rod 25 - 45mm would do and the 30mm length is nominal.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I guessed that was the only solution, I did think of putting the spacer on the end of the cable between the adjuster and the clutch arm but your idea sounds better somehow, Lucky I bought 2 Cables :huh: no only joking I did buy 2 but resisted cutting the end off it last night. Cheers Steve