Hard Top Project

Joel

***For Sale***

This is, as regular readers will know, my 2B Hardtop project, and I'm offering for sale the molds as they're gathering moss and I'm never going to do anything with them. Potential business opportunity perhaps?

Please note, this is not a finished roof for sale but the project molds.

Included is the original wooden plug and the negative/female mold from which to take your completed roof.

I'm not sure of the condition of the plug as it's been under a plastic sheet since I finished using it, but should still provide a starting point if you wanted to take a new mold from it.

The female mold is perfectly serviceable and with a bit of elbow grease you could produce a roof to the same level of finish as mine (which is to say an ok finish but don't expect a shiny perfect gel coat finish straight from the mold. I ultimately sprayed mine).

Alternatively, the female roof mold could itself be made into a serviceable roof with a bit of ingenuity and extra fabrication. Obviously the 'good' side would be on the inside, but the external finish could be improved with a bit of rubbing down.

This should fit, depending on the position of your windscreen, any 2B, Sub-K and possibly Super-Spec. I think it will be too big for Lightweight's or Zero's.

I can deliver to Coventry/Warwickshire area, otherwise collection only.

Hundred's of hours work invested. Yours for £150. :)

Above are pictures of the wooden plug, the female mold and the female mold on my car - this was just a test, but you can see it could be made to fit in it's own right.

Below is a picture of my completed roof for reference only (door not included).

• 1 year later...