Oil Separator Tank

Guest DAVE1954

Guest DAVE1954

Hi now I've got through Iva last month, now I want to mess with it ( fit oil separator tank , bike carbs etc.). When I fit oil separator tank am I write in saying that I a take a pipe from the valve ( under carb)to tank and a pipe from filler cap to tank, do I leave the valve as it is. ( pinto engine) and what are all the benefits of fitting the tank. Chees. Dave

Guest 2b cruising

Valve is either or. Your choice but mine would be remove.

Benefit, Pinto's tend to breath quite heavily, tanks can save a big big mess both under bonnet and on the floor.

Some people even re-use the oil but not for me.

The PCV valve on the pinto contains a spring loaded plunger which is opened by vacuum pressure in the inlet manifold, the oil vapours are then burnt off.

If you run this to a catch tank it will not open as no vacuum.

Either get a straight through connector, or grind off the bottom and remove the plunger and run a tube off it to catch tank.

I found that running a tube from rocker cover to catch tank as well caused problems so vented rocker cover to air, as long as there is a baffle under the filler not too much mess,