French Tolls

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

coming back through France last week , above the toll lanes there was a t above one lane , a t + card above another and cash above the other, cash i know but what are the others? might be handy to know for those of us going to Le Mans

pete2b

Guest megablade

t is their toll card, a bit like the ones for the dartford crossing. Card means you can use your credit card. t + card means toll and credit card!

Guest peter2b2002

cheers for that, does any one know how to get a toll card as it would seem to be quicker to get through the toll using one

pete2b

There was a thread about this on piston heads a few weeks ago but i cant find it at the moment.

Its possible to buy a card using a credit card in the Uk via a french website that means you can cruise past the cues. especially good if you travel at busy times.

A few guys on ph have already bought theres.

Guest allenr03

I think the thing you are talking about is the telepeage which is a badge basically that sticks to your windscreen and lets you got through the lanes marked T. You still pay the same charge as you would if you paid cash and there is an operating charge so actually it ends up costing slightly more. The advantage is in the speed you get through the barriers - well worth it when trying to get through the toll booths on the approach to Paris!!

You can order them through the sanef website I think. http://www.sanef.com/fr/ecommerce/particulier/decouvre.jsp But don't quote me!!

Rich