Hello To All

Guest gibbo

Hello to all

I've been considering buying a Robin Hood for some time and have just seen an unfinished 2B that I'm very interested in. So I've joined the community and am after any help, guidance, sanity checks that I can find. What should I look out for, check or ask about when I go back for another look ?

Are there any 2B builders in Nottingham that I can pester for advice (in return for beer tokens of course) if I decide to go for it ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Guest battery joe

go for it mark

it's good fun to build and you shouldn't come across to many problems eirther. One of the biggest problems is about where to put battery :lol: :lol: :lol: ( it's better off in the boot ):lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck

joey

check you get the rhe invoice and donor vehice v5 and vin plate for registration when complete

excellent experience awaiting, check out the builders websites for a squiz through build difficulties so you can check yours but if the price is right i doubt theres much to worry about

ps joey and bills site is cool (as are the rest)

Guest chris brown
What are the consequences of not having the RHE invoice, V5 and VIN plate ?
You would end up with a Q plate so insist on having all relevant documentation also you don’t say which suspension it is if it is sliding pillar front end get the price down and then convert to wishbone IMHO

Guest Bob's Babe

As a man you will ask lots of stupid questions and this lot will be qualified to answer them all for you. :lol: :lol:

We live in notts, Tim is currently building kit number 2 in the garden....only until he sells kit number one of course :( :blink:

If you send us a message I'm sure Tim can arrange a visit or even a scarey trip in Bob for you. B) B)

PS He is a bit interested cos he worked with a 'Gibbo'

SUE :wub:

Guest captn Pugwash

Hi Welcome to the club from Captain pugwash ( exmodave) and cabin boy.

If you ever need help, dont hesitate to shout, I am in Southport, if you are ever heading this way, give me a shout or pm me, always welcome. Will look out for a donor car, have a few spares lying around the garage, have a friend who owns a scrapyard, will see what hes got in, what engine are you thinking of putting in the hood?.

Whatever you do DONT PUT THE BATTERY IN THE BOOT, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Pugwash ;)

Dave

Raise the anchor, load the cannons, repel and borders and JUICY LUCY!!! sorry mitch :lol: -_- ;)

Guest salty_monk

Look here for help with identification... http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

You should be able to work it out. A 2b with Wishbone suspension is about as good as it gets although some will argue that the S7 Mk3 is just as good.

I have a sliding pillar & I must say it works fine, my mate has a Mk1 Golf GTI which is pretty well setup & running Toyo Proxes (instead of my Kumho's) yet it still did a good job of keeping up with him round the bends tonight...

Thanks for the replies and the links Sue, Dave, Salty and Jim. Sue, I'll take you and Tim up on that offer soon, whereabouts are you ?

As for putting the battery in the back, well I can't really comment yet but I thought I would put my mini fridge there for the beer.

Salty - just had a look at the link and it's a sliding pillar. Is this a problem, how easy is it to convert ? I did notice the damper and spring appeared to be very close to the tyre.

Mark

how easy is it to convert ?
:mellow: depends...can you weld?

If you can then easy...otherwise :( you'll need to buy all the bits and pay someone money to weld the brackets to the chassis

Dave

Guest salty_monk

Gibbo - It's not drastic. The sliding pillar works ok. It will more than equal most other vehicles you'll encounter on the road!

The wishbone chassis is the newest one & hence a great deal of the part builts around are the one before - sliding pillar.

Conversions have & can be done. I am currently looking into having some wishbones made up as a "group buy" & the other bits (ball joints, bushes etc are all readily available. After that it's just a welding job as Dave says.

Actually depending on what price it comes out to & what other interest there is I may not even bother!! (Suspect the biggest difference is to be noticed on the track & possibly the country twisties (I drive hard & have not been too dissapointed with it as yet!))

Look here to see what's involved:

http://nw.rhocar.org/tonypics.htm