Hello To All

Guest gibbo

OK folks

Looks like we are going for it (me and my mate Grant).

It's a 2B with sliding pillar front, yellow and stainless steel. 2L pinto with unleaded head and DGAS carbs (I think). Vicky Green ? wiring loom and stainless tank. All for 1500UK pounds, can't be bad - what do you reckon ?

Got to sort out a trailer now (and a car with a towbar). I'll keep you posted what happens - and thanks for all your help already. Be prepared for many more questions, probably mostly stupid, over the coming months.

Excited already,

Mark

Hi Gibbo,

I too had a sliding pillar setup & it worked just fine.

Unfortunately I'm a superannuated hooligan & the fixed wishbones carved grooves in my wheels pulling 3G round corners. So I converted to proper wishbones last winter. If you need any help on either setup, just email.

PS click on your name, then click "Edit my profile" & add your details esp. location. You'll be swamped with all sorts of offers, some may even help you build the car.

Bob.

Thanks Bob,

There will no doubt be questions to come about all manner of things and I suspect the suspension setup will be pretty high up the list, seems a good place to start but I'll let you all have a break before then.

I've updated my profile now and picked what I think will be an appropriate 'avatar', if that's what you call it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Guest mickmellors

Hi Mark (Gibbo)

Get along and meet some fellow Hoodies !!!!!!

If you fancy a ride over to Repton just South of Derby we have the Derbyshire Area monthly meeting which is attended by a good few from Notts Area too. We go to each others meetings to get an extra night out per month and also to swell the numbers - 20 is around the norm.

The pub we meet at is the Bulls Head and it is easy to fing on th main road through the village. We meet up any time after 7:30 - usually about 8:00. You are most welcome.

If you cant make this meeting we all get together at Rolls Royce social club at Hucknall on the 1st Sunday of the month and at Repton as above on the 3rd Sunday. Same times.

I will send you a PM with my phone number etc if you want to give me a ring.

Met Tim Norman and family and friends last night. All very nice people, very nice cup of tea! Also met Bob (in the garage) and son of Bob, complete with Rover V8. Great stuff. Also sorted out some new wheels for my kit from one of Tims friends, sorry but didn't catch his name.

I hope to meet them all again at Repton on Sunday,

Mark

Guest Tim Norman

His name was John Stewart, and he is your Area Sec. I shall pass on your thanks to Alice (daughter) for the tea.

Nice to see you and look forward to introducing the rest of the crazy gang :D

Guest chris brown

If you are having trouble putting pictures on try using the Mat's image sizer it's advertised on the community front page. I have found it very good, easy to use (I know Bill it has to be for me) :angry: :angry: