Robin Hood 2b And Locost

Guest ChrisGSXR

Guest ChrisGSXR

Newbie question, Can anyone tell me what the differance's are? i.e. shape, wieght stuff like that, and also are Robin Hoods any good to put motorbike engines into?

Guest chris brown
Newbie question, Can anyone tell me what the differance's are? i.e. shape, wieght stuff like that, and also are Robin Hoods any good to put motorbike engines into?

The zero would be ideal as a BEC but as Phil says if used as a road car it will require reverse so whatever car you chose it will not be cheep. In any case what is the car going to be used for? If mainly track then yes go for the BEC but if it is intended as a road car with occasional track days then a car engine is by far the better bet.

a 2b weighs about 750kg as apose to about 500kg for a locost type chassis car. A heavy bec car will put extra stain on the clutch and gear box in my opinion and i have heard of clutches on bec only lasting around 3000 miles like chris says depends what you want to use it for

Guest chris brown
a 2b weighs about 750kg as apose to about 500kg for a locost type chassis car. A heavy bec car will put extra stain on the clutch and gear box in my opinion and i have heard of clutches on bec only lasting around 3000 miles like chris says depends what you want to use it for

The 2B must be about the heaviest 7 type car around and was never intended as a track car. But IMHO is one of the best touring cars there is. Also I asked you what you wanted the car for. As a BEC is a right pain to drive 2 or 3 hundred miles in one go where as a car engined one is no problem.

Guest salty_monk

Get a car engined 2b then.... ideal for that.

A Zero or locost chassis would be much better for a bike engine & tracking.

I agree with the above. My next one will likely be bike engined but if it is then it won't be a 2b.

We do have a 2b with Blackbird engine fitted & that goes well but he doesn't track it, I guess it's fine but it's like carrying a passenger or 1.5 passengers the whole time (weight of the car extra). You can even feel a passenger in a car engined 2b so I guess it would make a lot of difference to a bike engined one depending on how it was setup.

Dan :)

Guest jasonmorris

M8, if you loved the loco blade, and still want a hood then in my opinion the Zero is the best choice for you. Fairly cheapish to build, light weight and ideal for a bike engine if you really can put up with the ear droning sound.

I've gone down the Zero and tuned pinto route, which I'm assured will be plenty for lots of fun and some good track days.

One thing is for sure, you won't get better support from any other owners club, and the manufacturer always seem willing to give help and advice when needed.

Jason