Premier Wiring Loom

femster87

Another electric question. I need to fit a battery isolator on the premier loom. Just wanted to know what people did. On the premier loom there is the thick red wire in the engine spur. I have already added an inline fuse on that already as this is going to the battery positive terminal. Can i put the battery isolator on that line as well

Any information on wiring the head light and rear lights really appreciated. I do not have any information as to the colours on the wire on the lights.

please please. Need to go into the garage tomorrow. Am over my tantrum now.

regards

Femi

hi femi

to me the best way to isolate the battery is to run a cable from the batt to the isolator.

then from the isolator to the starter , where all the electrics pick up .

graham

hi femi

i ant completly sure of your question .but ,

i run a red poss cable from the batt to the isolator, no fuse no other connections ,

when switched off its off , the only power will be between the batt and the isol

ator so keep it short , afrer the isolator you can fuse what you want .

the isolator is there to isolate the battery from the car to my mind so no further connections till after the isolator .

graham

ps some isolators have a line for a clock so it stays on when the isolator is off

for me a no no , off meens off .

i have done it both ways earth isolator and poss isolator .

i dont see the difference , happy to be prooved wrong though .

if you isolate the batt either way then its isolated .

graham

off is off

Guest dinger

Only reason for fitting in the earth lead is incase it shorts out on the bodywork, wouldnt matter if its in the earth lead, but if it shorts in the live lead you could have a fire,,, very very very rare and I'm sure people who have fitted them have sheilded all the exposed terminals.

P.s, its has nothing to do with the smoke returning to the battery

my hot rod racer was a 24 volt piece of kit ,2 batts .

the starter was 12 volt but had 24 volt start so as to spin the engine faster , but the electrics were 12 volt

the isolator was on the poss side .

Guest Chutney

I'm a battery in boot boy and have the premium loom to put in. I think I've done the same as gdc basically. Pos to isolator behind seats then nice big cable down tunnel to starter. Probably take a wire from this to the loom. I have nothing I want to keep on all the time.