Who Will Be Next?

Guest Jabberwocky

Guest Jabberwocky

Highstreet company to go bust.

Woolies

Zavvis

Adams (little peoples clothes shop aparently)

some others that I have never heard of

Have gone already gone

Who is next I am saying

JJB Sports or WHSmiths

Guest Jabberwocky

hmm interesting, I did not think about them, isn't B&Q part of Asda? or was that another Hardware store :-s

I was in Boots this morning and they had some empty shelves. Not sure it that is an issue or someone redressing the store

Be nice if it was bailiffs or "have you had a trip or fall" type companies :D

I'd like to see some of these finally get their come-uppance......as they all annoy me with that aloof arrogance and treat you like something off their shoe, when times are good. Now lets see a few squirm.

Estate agents

Financial advisors

Accountants

Mortgage lenders of all types

Solicitors

IT ''experts''

and any other trades people who can't be bothered to quote your small job when they've got bigger ones to play with.......

Cmon, lets see them all do a bit of grovelling for a our business now the tables are turning. !!

Guest 2bsprint
I would have thought Homebase is more vunerable as they dont have the range of B&Q or the basics like Wicks

I know that B&Q have several new style stores which were being built and opened in December but all building work has been stopped because they are have run out of money

PS There has been something like 100 solicitors went out of buisness in 2008 and there will be more next year

Guest chris brown

I believe B&Q and Screwfix are the same and yes they are both in trouble as is Currys/Dixons It's not going to be easy over the next year or so and you may get your wish John as far as Estate agents, financial advisors and Solicitors are concerned.

Guest fozzy2007
Be nice if it was bailiffs or "have you had a trip or fall" type companies :D

Why would it be nice if the bailiffs went??????

If there were no bailiffs then there would be no credit. Which means most of the stores we are talking about on this thread would not be here in the first place! You would have no mortgage, no credit cards or other credit lines. No finance on cars, no monthly car insurance plans (indeed, no car insurance).

If you are sensible with money then you never have to need worry about a bailiff calling. however, if you tend to overspend with someone elses money and then refuse to pay it back, who do you think is in the wrong? you for stealing or the bailiff for trying to recover goods that belong to someone else?

As for the slip and trip companies, i cant comment as im not in that line of work but if i hurt myself because of somebody else's negligence and was out of work for it, i would be gratefull of some income from the person who caused it? would you not agree.

Sorry to have a rant but like any trade, there have been a few bad apples in the past and to be going around tarring all in that trade with that same brush is a bit insensitive to put it politely.

do you actually know what a bailiff does for instance?

do you think we all go knocking on single mums doors asking for 90% of their income or we take their telly?

No, we dont touch them. we return hard up cases(ones were defendent CAN'T make payments) to the courts and they deal with it.

We deal with the big boys that spend more than they earn and dont want to pay it back.

The big wig companies who think that ripping of banks and smaller firms while they get bigger.

Also deal with evictions of Gypsies, (IRISH, SPANISH and UK BORN GYPSIES), travellers, squatters, druggies, criminals and general pests.

None of the above can be dealt with by police as they are civil matters.

So next time you have squatters wreaking havoc or travellers stealing scrap from under your own roof, and you are to scared to confront them about it, have a thought for the guys who have the day to day job of facing guns, knives and extremely violent people to make your life more comfotable.

Like i said, play nice with money and you will never see a bailiff.

End of rant.

What job do you do by the way?

Guest fozzy2007
What job do you do by the way?

I work with Gypsies, (IRISH, SPANISH and UK BORN GYPSIES), travellers, squatters, druggies, criminals and general pests in drug and alcohol hostels.

You almost make your job sound respectable

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle5375668.ece

I pretty much aggree with what that news piece is about. If someone was to run up debts and refuse to pay them back, what do you think should be the appropriate course of action? Ask them to pay it back and if they so no, leave it at that? how about if someone owed you £10,000, would you want it back?

I dont deal with piddly sundry debts and council tax and so on, I mainly deal with businesses that owe money. With a business, we have always been alowed to force entry whether we have levied before or not. With residential, we have been told that if we are refused entry then we are to do nothing. We will not force entry into a private residence on a first attendence as it is not legal. It is legal to force entry if you have previously levied on all the goods inside and it has always been that way. And even then, you can not remove goods if they are not sufficient to cover a good proportion of the debt. If they owe £10.000, you cannot remove a tv and a sofa to try and pay it off.

And as far as im concerned, my job is respectable.

I work in a job that needs doing, i work hard at it, and i work well within the guidelines of he law.

Im also not a private bailif, i work directly for the High Court.

I dont want to sound aggressive in my corrspondance to you, just mearly have a chat about this. And i will concede that there are certain PRIVATE bailiff companies who's tactics and manners do need alot of work to be put right or they need to be shut down, but its not right to label all the companies like this.

Fozzy