Marshals Training Day

Big Jim

Have you ever wondered how you get a job as a Marshal at road racing circuits?

Well for those who are interested, there's a training day at Oulton Park in Cheshire on 19th February.

This is aimed at marshaling motorcyle events, but you can also find out about marshaling car events from other marshals that do both.

Come along and see what's involved, it's free.

Be there for 8-00am (I'll confirm this time nearer the date!) come with warm clothes, as some time will be spent outside, I would suggest some sandwiches although it is possible that a subsidised meal in the cafe could be available (not sure)

I will be there, so you won't be lost wtihout someone you know.

Big Jim

Guest stu205

I do the car marshaling at oulton and its good fun even when its raining! but might go down for the bike one too.

For anyone interested the car one is the 11th and 12th of Feb, if anyone is interested in joining the BMMC pm me as theres a VERY big advantage that I cant realy put on here

• 2 weeks later...

sorry was completly wrong they have moged it forward a week, so the date for the car training is the 5th of Feb

sorry for jumping on the band waggon Jim but think we both need as many hands as we can get!! Might go for the bikes this year myself as well

• 3 weeks later...

I've now got all the information. The training day is Sunday 19th Feb 9-00am to 16-00pm, although it's best to arrive for 8-30am.

There's Tea/coffee on arrival, and morning and afternoon breaks, with a free lunch.

I suggest that you come with enough warm clothes for being outside for a couple of items, also either good strong shoes or preferably boots. Don't come in your best clobber!

The dates for Bike racing in 2006 once you've attended the course are:

Saturday 22nd April (Wirral 100 club)

Saturday 6th May (Vintage MCC)

Saturday 20th May (New Era)

Monday 29th May (Classic Racing MCC)

Saturday 8th July ( New Era)

Saturday 19th August (Nantwich & Cheshire MCC)

Saturday 2nd September (Derby Pheonix MCC)

Once you do come marshaling, you will need some orange overalls, sometimes the club have some for around £12-15, or by all means get some yourself, note as well, that any outer jacket needs to be orange, most definately not yellow, red, or green (can be mistaken for a flag) hi-vis orange jackets can be bought off the internet, but are much cheaper from your local safety clothes supplier to industry.

Oulton Park is noted as the best short circuit in England for motorcycle racing, and all these meeting will usually have full grids.

I look forwards to seeing you there those that are coming.

Jim