Inboard Seat-belt Mountings

Guest TonyB

Guest TonyB

I would be grateful for some help from other members regarding the design of the inboard seat belt mountings.

I am in the process of making up the floor strengtheners and seat mountings and I wondered whether to incorporate the belt mounts into the angle iron reinforcements.

Diagrams or pictures would be most helpful.

Many thanks

What seats are you using?

If RHSC recaros, then the bolt hole on the inside's can be used for the seatbelt mounting. This will depend on how much you remove from the bottom, let me know more and i will post some pics on how i did it.

Mitch

Guest TonyB

Hi Mitch,

I am using some seats that I bought at Stoneleigh which are quite narrow.

I have enough space between the seat and the tunnel to bolt the inboard lap belt to the floor.

My main concern is reinforcing the mounting to satisfy the SVA tester.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

I Would put a extra piece of 6mm x 100mm flat bar across (underside) the width of the car and pick up the susspention mounts at either side just to be sure. if the floor doe'snt flex then all will be okay.Then use you're angle iron on top, and bolt through both. ;)

:angry: There as been an instance at a northen SVA lately were the examiner failed trickys suggested way, and suggested the only way it would pass was to crash test one!!!!!!. or to weld it to the chassi rails on the top of the tunnel????

After putting an extra brace right accross it passed by different examiner who thought the first examiner was being VERY VERY picky. ;)

Guest TonyB

Hi Mitch,

Many thanks for the info.

I had held on and not fitted the seat mount reinforcing as I thought that I might be able to integrate both the belt mounting and the seat mounting.

Thanks again for your help. :D