What To Look For In An Exmo?

Guest brummy-ade

Guest brummy-ade

Have got into contact with a chap with a three year old exmo for sale.

As I am new to all this, this is why I am posting this question. The guy explained it is the 'stainless version' , it has a 2.1 engine. he built it himself and it is three years old.and has 12 month mot....

It has covered 1600 miles.what I want to know is-

1. What do I look for? as in faults with this model etc.

2. What is a reasnable price for one? I appreciate they varybut some idea would be great.

3 The guy said he wants about £1800 for it, looking at other adverts this is a low price is or would this be a worry?

ade :)

£1800! is it complete and on the road! There has never been any *faults* as such that I know of with any RH cars. TO be honest if it drives well and looks good, than I don't thin kyou can go wrong at that price. Even if you then spent another £700 doing things to it that still only £2.5k. The only odd thing with the Exmo is the dront suspension, not the nicest of designs, but worked well enough for me! If it has cycle wings then you could always chop it off and put your own suspension in, otherwise with long swept wings it looks fine. Just make sure it is correctly registered (eg still not called a sierra on the V5) and that it has all the current docs with it.

Guest jawald

If it drives well buy it Exmo owners have a problem with the wierd front end but at that price who cares and when your thundering along double de-clutching etc they-Say it a Cateram? a Lotus? A Westfield? Who gives a toss - Is it fun - Yes Yes Yes. Trash it and youve lost next to nothing- not the case with the formentioned . :D

Guest brummy-ade

:D :D :D well have just got in from viewing the car

it has a stainless chassis the same looking at one on last post by jawald.

A 2.1 pinto with twin 40's and a stage 3 head?

It sounds the biz

sump hasnt been altered and is about 2 ins off the floor

interior is tatty and needs tlc

Well I bought it and it is now pride of place on my drive!"!!!!!!!

wait till the wife gets home!!!!!!!! :D :D

Guest jawald

The seats are Intatrim Ranger Purchased by previous owner from Intatrim Units 1&2 Trench Lock Telford Shropshire TF1 4SW They are Black with red piping. They look ok are on sliders for adjustment.Cost about £280 for the pair early last year.