Turnkey 2b!

Guest Darksphere

Jim posted an alternative bearing on here a week or so back.

Try a search (top of the screen)

I don't think that's his problem bob, I think it's that flimsy piece of Stainless that you're supposed to wrap around the frame tube, to hold the top end on the steering column, I do know that now-a-days, SVA won't pass it.

Darky, go through some of the members websites and see what they've done, start with the Billy & Joeys, then look at anyones posts on here, if there's a "WWW" button at the bottom of their posts, that will take you to their website.

Guest chris brown

I think your right Jim. I replaced the flimsy bit of stainless for a bit about 2mm thick bolted on to the column in the same way as the "flimsy" would be but after first making sleeves to fit in the column mounting holes as these are rather large. The other end of the bracket is fastened to the chassis tube with exhaust clamps this makes things much firmer.

Guest chris brown
go and get the man a photo of it
Not easy Jim with a fixed scuttle but have had a go and as you can see the extra bracket (flattened tube is the pedal box stiffener)

Guest salty_monk

That was the Green one in North London... saw that, good price.

Something defo wrong, 1.6 should be around 90BHP, more than enough to beat most boy racers in a car that light....

:)