Borneo

Guest red7

I've been invited to my nephews wedding in Borneo this Easter. Any Hoodies been there? I'm a bit worried about the snakes, creepy crawlies, headhunters etc. I've heard the foods a bit scarry too. :(

I read "Biggles goes to Borneo" when I was a kid, unfortunately I don't think that will help me survive the trip. :D I'll be flying from Singapore to Kota Kinablu in Sabah northern Borneo where I hope to see the Orang Utans then it's off to the wedding in Sarawak. There will be 600 guests at the wedding, lots to eat and drink (but no ham sandwiches or sausage rolls). :D I'll be OK asking for a good head on me beer tho. :D :lol: :D

I did camera on an Army film called Jungle Base camp and Training team Brunie.

Could lend you a copy, wont stop you getting bitten but will tell you how to cook the snakes.

That said, you wont come across anything nasty unless you stumble about with no shoes on, start to take your maleria profelactics 2 weeks before you go and use lots of bug cream.

If you get a chance do a jungle tour its great and you will be amazed at the noise.

Hi Paul,

That sounds brilliant. What format is your film in?

I seem to have a "gift" for bumping into snakes. I have come across them blocking my path in Norway, Sardinia and Canada. :blink:

Do you think I should get all of the jabs? :o

I ate snake, jelly fish, sea cucumber and a fish I last saw in Stingray in China. I've had worse. :D

My "new" family are into jungle medical cures, that will be interesting. :o I asked if there was anything I could bring to Borneo "Pork Cracklings" they said.

VHS Pal but i may be able to make a DVD, not in the office for a week, so PM or email me your address and i will send you a copy.

As for jabs, i always get the lot.

Jungle medical cures, most medicins start out from obscure natural products then the drugs companies try and make them syntheticaly, it's cheaper.

My misses works in clynical trials and worked with Rapamune an anti rejection drug that was found in fungi on Rapanue ( Easter island)

They told me they use Flying Fox's to make an Asthma cure :(

Also Bees are important in many of the cures.

I have the kit to make DVD's from VHS tapes if you'd like me to sort that.

We went to Kota Kinablu few years ago, fantastic holiday. The Oran Utan's we went to see were at a place called Sandakan fantastic trip had to fly from KK past Mount Kinablu supurb. There are fantastic places to eat out, I cant remember the name of a fish restaurant in the town but the hotel reception recomended it was by the Police Station. King prawns in garlic. While you are in Singapore book Afternoon Tea at Raffles, another "Must be done" I'll PM you. Have got photo's video etc but all packed away "WE" are decorating!