50 Years?

Grizzly

I know that this year's only just begun but, am I right in thinking that 2007 will be the 50th Aniversary of the Lotus 7 ??? :unsure: :unsure:

If so, does anyone think it would be a good idea if RHOCaR had some sort of comemorative event (like a mass gathering of Hoods from all over the UK)? It would make a good 'Calender 2008' photo eh? :)

Better make sure mines on the road by then! :D :D :D

Guest Andy Rathbone

drive past at the speed limit if they can read it they are too close, most people that know what your car is dont need to look at the badge, i thought the 7 was first available in the early 50's though, 1953 springs to mind, i dont know why??(ducks and prepares to be shot down in flames)

I was very lucky in1974 to aquire a 1959 lotus 7 which was just a chassis with back axle and front suspension ,bonnet and new nose cone and wings. I had no idea what engine or gearbox was originaly fitted so I grafted a 1275 MG Midget engine in with a race cam, big valve head and a 45 sidedraught Webber with 7inch wide wheels front and 8inch wide wheels rear and painted it bright yellow so ithink Rizla must have seen it !! I had great fun in it and used it everyday for 6 years sadly I sold it in 1980 for £1000 . But 30 years on I've built my 2b plus and am back on the road having fun in a replica? of my favorite fun car . :D :D :D :D

Bernie