Catching Tyres

Guest brummy-ade

Guest brummy-ade

when driving my exmo and braking hard the front suspension compresses and the tyres catch on the chassis what can be done about this ? looking at it it is as tho I have gotta raise the suspension up

ade

That doesn't sound right, unless the previous owner mode the top strutt position back too far... which would mean to much negative camber at the top of the wheels. If you look at it straight on are the tops pointing inwards? Can you take a pic so I can see better and compare (from memory) aginst mine.

Guest brummy-ade

It does go in a bit at the top it looks as tho prev owner grinded part away to stop it catching will sort out my bro camera and take a picture.

cheers ade

Guest Bazwaz

I had a similar problem on my Exmo and had to resort to a bit of grinding. You could try firming up the suspension by adjusting the front springs which will lift the front up slightly. Failing that you could fit some 10 mm spacers to give you more clearance.

Barry.