End Caps

Grizzly

Can someone please tell me where I can get hold of some end caps for the chassis tubes & cycle wings. What with the absence of any shows just lately, I seem to be lacking sources for certain bits & bobs. :rolleyes:

Also, does anyone recommend treating the insides of the tubes with anything before sealing them all up (bits of rivets 'n all!) ? :D

Many Thanks...

I found that a perfect 'bung' for the ends of the cylce wing tubes is a large grommet - the sort that you find in the little packets of odds and sods in a motorfactors. There was mention of this in another thread hang on ...

There you go:

Bungs

Hi,

Maplin (maplin.co.uk) do larger blanking grommets for the chassis tubes. They're sold as 'cable sealing grommets' - £2.49 for a pack of ten. The Maplin code is RG00A. I found that they need a little bit of trimming with a small pair of scissors to chamfer the edge. This makes them easier to fit into the tubes. To keep them there I used a small amount of epoxy resin. I haven't got a photo of them on the car but they look good and there's no way that water will get in. I didn't put anything in the tubes before sealing them although a bit of Waxoyl wouldn't hurt (and could stop the rivet bits rattling about)! I hope that helps. Regards,

Edward