Exhaust Stud/bolt For Pinto

Guest crwoodford

Guest crwoodford

If anyone has a spare Exhaust Manifold stud/bolt for a circa 1988 2Ltr Pinto please let me know. :mellow:

Whilst taking the Engine out to replace the sump, it became apparent one stud was missing from the exhaust manifold, looks like it has snapped off. Should be 'get outable' with some WD and an extractor!!

7 studs might be ok for the cast manifold with the 7 other studs keeping it flush, but I do intend to fit a stainless 4 into 1 manifold and will need all 8 studs.

Also discovered the upper PUP bolt to Oil Pump was AWOL!! :angry: So any offers of one of those will likewise be gratefully appeciated. :) (BTW. It wasn't in the sump :o )

Any postage costs etc will of course be fully reimbursed.

Thanks

Col (Taunton)

I was much happier when I only had 1 wheel on my wagon! :lol:

Hi Col,

the exhaust manifold studs are very prone to snapping. I think that the temperature cycling causes then to fatigue. I snapped the last one as I was tightening it up to the final torque setting (why is it always the last one that breaks just when you think you've finished?). If one has gone it's probably worth replacing the others at the same time. It could save you the trouble at a later date. I think it was less than a tenner for a full set of exhaust and inlet manifold studs and nuts from the local Ford dealer. The local motor factor would almost certainly be cheaper. Regards,

Edward

Guest crwoodford

Thanks guys.. took your advice and bought some from the local Ford Factors... and some new gaskets while I was about it. Now why didn't I think of that in the first place!!

For info: The factors bloke said the PUP bolt is no longer supported? However he said a normal M6 (or was it M8?) bolt will be ok.

Cheers

Col (Taunton)