Electric Shower

Snapperpaul

Guest craig030774
Good advise all round and as i read the thread the fog lifts, cosumer unit has a 100 amp main switch RCB ( i think) with individual MCB's, the shower one is 40 amp.

after a bad year for boiler problems and an extension build that took a lot longer than i wanted i had a combi fitted, with power failiers a few years ago and four small kids i had a hybrid system put in that has a hot water tank as well as a combi boiler. With an electric shower in the family bathroom, a combi fed shower in the ensuite, one bath from the combi and one on the tank, we can have showers and baths at the same time (peak time mornings) and still have hot water if the electric goes off or the gas. Did think about a power shower from the tank but with 2 teenage girls and 2 boys the tank would need to enourmouse. So my thinking led to a combi shower and an electric one. Just to clarify, i am not a numpty when it comes to DIY and i have great respect for electricity, what i did with the kitchen was to get the sparks, who was very busy to draw out what he would do on the wall and i chased it out,ran the cable in conduit and left the tails, after plaster i did the second fix but left it all out for him to check then got him to connect to the consumer unit. So what i was going to do was get and fit all the correctly rated parts and run the cable, gut the bathroom and do all those cosmetic bits, then pay for sparks to do the last bit of connection and certify it.

Stu take all you say and every one else on board and now i have a good idea of what is required, thank you one and all. Be assured I WILL DO THE RIGHT THING.

If i electrcuit one of the kids Jane will make my life hell, if i electricuit Jane i will have to look after 4 kids on my own..... Better safe than sorry.

If i electrcuit one of the kids Jane will make my life hell, if i electricuit Jane i will have to look after 4 kids on my own..... Better safe than sorry.

if on the other hand you electrocute yourself your missus will have the house paid off and some cars for sale :D

a electric shower is like a kettle if you are in a hard water area they are going to scale up and from day one they get less and less efficient.

stick it on the combi you know it makes sense :D