• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Look on our website for the way we did ours

(But its being changed to a different way as we speak) :D :D

Oh yes the first setup was fine before we get any comments :lol: :lol: :p :p :p

Guest hcgrant

Hi Rich, Ive cut the bonnet to make a fixed scuttle and then attached the nose cone to the (truncated) bonnet. The bonnet / nose cone assy then just lifts off. The wiring to the front indicators is on a long lead which plugs into a socket bolted on to the top crossection. Its a bit crude but you get the best access to the engine etc and no fiddling around with hinges! But I've not yet remoed the bonnet outside on a windy day!! Could be fun!?

Hugh

Guest jcb1300

Rich

I'm in exactly the same position as you.

I've decided, and I know a lot will disgaree to go for the hinge at the scuttle so that the bonnet opens from the front. I'm doing it this way because I like it.I know the risks (smack on the head etc)(SORRY BILL) but its a personal decision at the end of the day.

I am going to try to use the bonnet release built into my Sierra column and hopefully fit a good strong catch at the front so that if I should forget to use the bonnet latches then it will be held safely.

Good luck

Ian :)

Guest jcb1300

Rich

No mate no photos yet. Like I said I'm in the process of modding my bonnet. I'll put some photos out when I do but i'm sure its been done a million times before.

The one thing I've found with RHOCARis that I haven't yet come up with anything original yet but theres always someone there who can & will help.

Again Good Luck

Ian

Guest Battery Bill

Rich

There is lots of pics on our website of the way Ian is on about.

Ian

We had a nice strong catch at the front connected to a bonnet release handle in the passengers side and the two straps either side for extra strength, unfortunately as we found out they work perfectly if you do them up <_< But not at all if you forget :wub: :wub:

But that should not be any reason to put you off from having that setup, we were very happy with it and its "Different" as well which is nice, In fact I think we will end up doing our number 2, 2B the same. :D :D

We like the new method as well but Joey does not want it shown till we are finished :lol: :lol:

Guest richlloyd

bill how is it you can post a new responce before ive even had time to read the latest. shouldnt you be in the garge being the owner of 3 kit cars. ive viewed your how to build a kit car bible and do like the way its done and when its daylight ill have a better look at seeing if that can be done on mine cheers

Guest jcb1300

Bill

I'm intrigued as to what you are planning with the bonnet, 4 hydraulic rams maybe ?

Wasit Joeys idea????

By the way, ran the car up today, sump superb and oil pressure likewise, nice job thanks. Not far off now.

Cheers

Ian :rolleyes:

Guest jcb1300

Rich

It is possible to change the sump in situ but I found it better with the engine out.

It isn't easy in situ because you've got to really lift the engine up high.

if you've got a hoist I'd say take the motor out and if you've got a stand flip the engine upside down, its easier to fit the gaskets and sump that way.

I ended up buying my own hoist £130 off EBAY, best money I've ever spent, I've had the engine out 3 times now. (long story).

Cheers

Ian

Guest Battery Bill

Ian

I ended up buying my own hoist £130 off EBAY,

I agree with you there we bought ours brand new from a local tool merchants for about that and its been used loads of times (only twice on Joeys car though) :D

We originally thought about hiring one but they cost £40 for a weekend :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest salty_monk

Fixed scuttle is the way to go... Mine hinges both ways!!

Bonnet goes the bang your head way & splits at the nose cone which is hinged the other way...

Dan :)