Speeding Ticket?

A17YOB

i've been sent a NIP for an offence when i didnt even own a vehicle? the offence was over a month prior to whe i bought the vehicle.

trouble is i have not got the details of the trader i bought from (i think he was a bit dodgy)

do i just write back stating that i didnt even own the thing at that point in time?

:)

Guest paul091085

If you produce the registration document that shows when you took charge of the vehicle, would that not prove that you did not own the car at the time when the offense was committed? :unsure:

Paul

Don't worry, this happens a lot. Send it back with an accompanying letter with as much details as poss about the date of purchase etc. The DVLA database was obviously not yet updated with your details at the time of issue of the NIP, but may well be accurate now.

You will not be liable for this ticket. ;)

Guest micky bigthumbs

I got 12 tickets and two bibs take me to there house and i had sold the car 6moths previous ..they sorted it but it was very worrying

thanks guys. i can only assume that the guy didnt send the trader bit off. i'll just fill it out and explain i didnt buy it until such date as the reg doc says i did and this was after the offence date.

:D