Barkston Heath 20th May

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

RHOCAR Track Day Barkston Heath. May 20th 2006

If you are only comming for a look, directions below may help.

Bring flask and butties, proper bogs on site and running water, anyone wants to bring a gas cooker and a kettle be my guest, 10p a cup of tea, you could do ok lol.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday, rain or shine.

Contact

John Walton 07769 717180 I will be at Barkston Heath from early on Saturday.

Items Required

Crash Helmet, Flame proof overalls ( welding type, 100% cotton i.e. no man made fibre) or racing overalls if you have loads of money.

For those arriving on Friday night, please try to be on the campsite by 21.00 www.woodlandwaters.co.uk

Running order for Saturday.

All cars and drivers to be at Barkston Heath by 0900

Introduction, briefing and signing on 0900 - 0945

Convoy laps 0945 - 1015

Grantham and Sleaford are the nearest 'Towns'

If you are looking at auto route or similar, type in Ancaster, it is a mile or less from RAF Barkston Heath

Approaching from the North.

Proceed to the crossroads of the A153 and the B6403 (just south of Ancaster).

Travel south on the B6403.

The road goes uphill.

After a few hundred yards, take the 45 degree right hand turn into a narrow country road. (Note: The point of the junction is the entrance to a small quarry).

Follow the country road to the end, where you fork left to an airfield crash gate, number 3.

(Note: There is a farm-house on the right and the road to the farm-house is a private road).

Approaching from the South.

Proceed to the junction of the A52 and the B6403 (to the East of Grantham).

Travel North on the B6403.

After a few miles the airfield becomes visible on the left, continue along the B6403.

Carry on the B6403, past the next right hand junction (which is signposted to a kart track and paintball).

After 100 yards take a 135 degree left hand turn into a narrow country road. (Note: The point of the junction is the entrance to a small quarry).

Follow the country road to the end, where you fork left to an airfield crash gate, number 3.

(Note: There is a farm-house on the right and the road to the farm-house is a private road).

Should find the Crash Gate Locked or not find it at all, call me on 07769 717180 and I’ll hopefully point you in the right direction.

Petrol Station in Ancaster on the A153 open Saturday and Sunday.

Handy for Fags, crisps, pop etc

Cars types booked so far.

Various marks of Hood.

3 marks of Tiger

Westfields

Dutton

Sylva

Onyx, including the manufacturers new mark of car

PLEASE BRING A ROLL OF ELECTRICIANS TAPE TO ATTACH YOUR NUMBERS TO THE CARS

Regards

John

Rolling roaded this morning. Full mapping not possible but it drives better above 3000 and at full throttle. Lambda was 18 in the upper throttle ranges.

However the racket from the clutch is a bit worrying. Have to cry off Barkstone for this weekend as the car sounds like its dying. Rats. Engine out methinks! B****r! Sod it! Etc.

Nigel