Heel-toe

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

I've got a specific pair of shoes for driving the hood so I can do this, they're too small and hurt to walk in but are great for driving! :lol:

I normally use heel-toe in the hood, or at least blipping the throttle when changing down as it makes the process of changing down a lot smoother, sounds good too :D but I was just wondering if this is just me or other people do it aswell? I know I've got a few mates doing it now :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schumacher does but Alonso does not - at least that what it looked like when ITV did a split screen of the two drivers with the green & red bars to indicate braking & accelerating.

I tried it but nearly drove off the track several times as I was concentrating on my feet and missed the turn in point. :D

Guest tom2b

I know how you feel james, i used to have a 106 and i now know why they get referred to as "girls cars" its because my size 11 shoes touched 2 pedals at once and girls have small feet so can cope! I bought a pair of narrow trainers that hurt at first just so i could drive it!

These shoes from demon tweeks are ideal: link to shoes

Schumacher does but Alonso does not - at least that what it looked like when ITV did a split screen of the two drivers with the green & red bars to indicate braking & accelerating.

Ahh, they'll be left foot braking, they only have 2 pedals :p

As for, me, i've tried, no way i can fit my feet in, but i've found it easier to use the left side of my foot on the brake and the right hand side on the accellerator. Not quite mastered that one yet, but it's an improvement!

Guest timswait

Feet too big and pedals too close together for me to do it! A freinds beetle has just failed it's MOT on (amongst other things!) the brakes. She claims they're fine, you just need to keep plenty of revs on the engine while using them, so has to heel-toe!

Guest stu205

yes I do in the 205 but wimp out doing it on tracks because of the black bouncy things if you get it wrong! but I cant in the hood :huh: maybe need closer pedals!

Guest megablade

I do it all the time, even though it is actually using the right side of your boot not your heel.

Think about the likes of Senna who whilst heel and toeing would be double de-clutching as well :o

Guest docter fox

I'm a size 13 ;) but drive in 11's so I can, it definately feels a lot better when you get it right, it's just practise :)

I can double clutch but not very well, perhaps that should be the next experiment :D

left foot braking's also great fun to try, but watch theres nothing behind you as you will slow down quicker than you imagine :lol:

Guest Tim Norman

Is there another way? I've done it most of my driving life and do it as a matter of course, in fact it feels wrong if I don't, regardless of the car I'm driving. :huh:

Guest micky bigthumbs

i do it all the time comes from not having a clutch most of the time when the cable gets hot..even with size 13's i manage ok but i can only get a toe on the clutch anyway :D :D :D