38 Dgas Linkage And Connections

Guest Jim Castle

Guest Jim Castle

Just about to replace my pierburg carb on my pinto with a 38 dgas weber. Questions:

What throttle linkage and cable to use as it rotates the opposite way. Was thinking of modifying the pierburg linkage with a bar 180 degrees on the opposite side but throttle cable would be pulling at an angle.

There is no port for the engine ecu vacuum connection on the weber manilfold ? (porbably pre-ecu). Do i have to drill and tap the manifold?

Any other tips would be welcome.

Regards

Jim

when I fitted my DGAS, I used the linkage from the DGVS that I'd had on previously, but I've noticed that most other engines that I've seen, have a much bigger cumbersome bracket assembly on than I had. The one that I had must have come from a pre 1984 Sierra, they also fitted the same bracket to the 2ltr Cortina's.

I don't know which ECU you've got, but the vac outlet was from a small connection in the rockershaft side of the carb flange.

post-6-1060723076.jpg

Guest johnhanks

Just done the same to mine this weekend DGV (Manual choke) from 2 litre Capri complete with linkage as BigJim's. Cable from injection Cavalier fits a lot better than the Sierra/Capri cable - a lot smoother as well. Use the little bracket off the Cavalier injector housing to modify your setup. - Makes a light break from the the VG loom nightmare!!!