More Random Parts

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Been tidying up the garage and found some more random bits I don't know what to do with (some may be to do with the steering rack, which I am still to recieve from RH.......)

Any guesses on these bits?:-

image_00090.jpg

Guest superspec

The idea is that you bend each end at right angles the fix one end to the indicator and the other bolts through the nosecone therefore extendinding for sva purposes. Needs to be covered in something nice to please tester man.

Guest robin

is it just me or do those cnc'd plates look rough as old boots. their cnc computer must have a virus or something!!

there is absolutely no way an sva examiner would be happy with those as extenders, covered or not there just too heath robinson!

:lol: Yep, they really are the most dire components out of the whole kit! I suppose RH supply them to demonstrate some willingness towards making the kit SVA compliant, but as you say they are dreadfully produced, and the plasma cutter makes the edges so hard it's impossible to smooth them over so you just don't bother and chuck them in the bin. :wacko:

Guest salty_monk
What a crap extender, why couldnt they just turn some some on a lathe that would look nice and not cost a great deal more!

You're completey wrong... the extenders are laser cut at high speed, you can tell by the edge, each one takes seconds, proper ones turned on the lath would actually cost a lot of money, especially in Aluminium or engineering plastic & Richard knew that after the test, chances are you'll throw them away anyhow....

We're talking pennies compared to tens of pounds here.... he did that with everything in the kit, suddenly you end up with a catering van...

Don't be too quick to knock him unless you've worked for a long time at a management level in a mass production company... it's nowhere near as simple as most people think, I've been there done that....

I agree they are pretty horrible but are they "fit for purpose" do they pass the test if trimmed correctly? Again I think the answer is yes so...

Dan :)

Guest FIRSTBUILD

we had a lot of trouble producing a range of cordless extension leads in our work shop - there must be a market for them with so many cordless appliances on the market ?.

Steve