Old Age Passengers

Peter Bell

At the week-end my mother asked me to take her home from a relatives house, nothing too unusual in that apart from I was in my Hood and she has not been in it before. She turned down offers for a ride in ‘Real’ cars for the 5 mile journey, she quite enjoyed it but thought it was a bit bumpy. Afterwards I remembered I had given my father a ride once when he was 80, he died 2 years later but I don't think it was connected. My mother is now 86, and I wondered if she would be one of the oldest passengers in a Hood. I expect you all know different!

Peter.

Guest Andy Rathbone

my Nan has sat in mine on the drive and will probably want a ride when its complete shes 88, although she did complain she couldnt reach the pedals. i may have to get her a booster seat so she can drive it because i know she would if she could :blink:

Guest mickmellors

Never mind encouraging wives to come to Club Events and show weekends - I can see we shall have to start inviting Grans and Nans - we could have a RIGHT good sing song around the campfire (BBQ) ! ! !

First to bring their Gran to a Show in their Hood gets their photo in the Mag ! ! !

Thats alright for you young guys but both of my grans are in coffins.

So I see two problems

1] No room in a 2B for the coffin

2] They won't be able to join in with the sing song. !

It's not a fair challenge Mick !!!

( Now where's the phone number of Rentagran? )

Guest mickmellors

Unfortunately all 4 of mine are long since gone but if John P's gran had half the sense of fun that mine had they will be joining in ! ! !

I'm not that old Bill ! - although my sister (4 years my junior) is a grandma to a 3yr old. My twins are 2 weeks off their 9th Birthday so I suspect it will be a while !

See you chaps and chapesses at Donington next week. SEE 'EVENTS' on home page.

Best Regards

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Daren.F

My granny is 86 and it is easier to get her in to the hood than it is to get her up into the cab of my VW transporter.

Mind you she wears a god awfull head scarf if I tell her what I,m picking her up in.

Daren ;)