Boot Lid / Toilet Seat

spg

Have a look at the build videos it is fairly straight forward. In case you haven't got the vids I'll try and describe it but pictures would be a lot better, if anyone has any.

I did mine something like this. First cut round the arch bit. These then form the covers for the side of the wheel arch some further cutting/shaping is required.

Take the lid bit and cut down the middle. These form the edges of the boot you need to cut out holes for the role bar braces and seat belt mountings etc. This is the hardest part try and use a template to get it right.

The metal sheet forms the boot lid and is hinged on the back of the rear bar.

Have a look in the last picture for how it looks finished

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/554098176agMakY

Phil

Thanks for the replys, Got the GRP bit sussed now.

But still can't work out how the lid hinges on the bit with the slots and holes that pick up on the seat belt mounts.

Found the GRP fitting on the vids but can't find the lid bit, I've got the ZEUS set of vids, Anyone know witch tape its on

Tarr

spg - I don't think the lid bit is on the zeus videos. Fairly straight forward there should be some plastic hinges (piano hinges ?) in your kit. Connect one side to the SS sheet and the other to the frame. On mine the boot lid rests on the grp which raises it nicely for the hinges.

I cut quite a bit of metal off my lid supplied in the kit and formed the lower edge round the frame

Cheers Phil

Did'nt get any hinges just a bit of thickish sheet 18 x 3 ish inchs that has various holes and slots in it. Two of the holes fit round the inner seat belt mounts and then some how the boot lid is hinged off it. Hinges off the frame is the way to go. B)

Guest golfgtidarren
Thanks for the replys, Got the GRP bit sussed now.

But still can't work out how the lid hinges on the bit with the slots and holes that pick up on the seat belt mounts.

Found the GRP fitting on the vids but can't find the lid bit, I've got the ZEUS set of vids, Anyone know witch tape its on

Tarr

can you tell me where to get the GRP bit from please???

Darren

My boot lid bit was missing from my kit so i used a piece of thin ply wood which was easy to cut and to cover. In terms of fastening to the rear seat belt support i used again a length of the same ply with holes cut out for the seat belt mounts to go through and then just fastened the hinge to this when it was covered. I think this was an ok solution it is also a bit more robust than the ss sheet which should have been provided.

bit difficult to descibe but if you want a pic post me and will send one.

phil