Mini Motobike Death.

Guest Bazwaz

Guest Battery Bill

Mickey

Its the "He killed someone" but that is wrong, he was just unlucky to be in the wrong place when some turkey drives like an Arse.

He did not "kill the bloke, the Other person killed himself.

And like I said I'm sure the car driver will not feel any remorse, peed off more like :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest salty_monk
sue the dead bloke

Friend of mine hit an old lady, she stepped out blind with her white stock from behind a bus at the traffic lights (bus was at the lights, she stepped out from behind it).

Result - one dead granny, one written off bike & some bruises. Police did all the tests, no careless driving, no speeding, totally her fault but how can you sue someone's estate when you've just killed their granny... you'd have to be pretty heartless.

This minimoto rider was obviously an absolute idiot - Bill don't slight all riders, that's not fair, I know some great motorbike riders & some bloody awful car driver's too, this guy sounds like a recipe for disaster no matter what he was doing, had he stepped off the kerb in front of the guy then the result probably would have been different.

I feel sorry for the driver & I'd be well peed off if it was me, the law's not always right or fair & I think the judgement is harsh, points & a fine but a ban... that's silly, if the guy had had the right PPE & been legal then he wouldn't have died & the punishment would have been much less harsh, most likely just an insurance claim!

My conclusion is that they made the right call, his driving was careless but the sentence doesn't fit the crime (because the seriousness of the crime was only escalated by the idiot he hit...).

Dan :)

Guest hypermick

A sad episode by all accounts, but one can only say that anyone riding a mini-moto on the road needs to consider, before embarking on such stupidity that there is a very considerable chance he will come to grief, be it in the short or long term.

Forgetting who was liable for what in this case, the rider of a mini-moto with his head down is barely 3ft full height off the ground. The driver of a van or lorry would see him much easier than a car and perhaps have more of a chance (save for the weight of his vehicle and stopping distance needed) to avoid a collision.

Taking the case in question, the evidence shows not only a vehicle which had no place to be on the road but driven by someone who was under the effect of drugs. Its immaterial whether he had leathers and helmet on, that might only have lessened his injuries and been a plus point on his side, but doesnt negate the overall stupidity of his actions.

Had the driver not been manouvering as shown but in a manner conducive with good driving then the dead party would have been entirely to blame, and the judge would have said that.

I feel sure that any family compensation claim will be set at a minimum level in the civil courts since the actions of the car driver, on their own, would have been nothing more than that of poor driving, had the third party not been involved.

Mick.

Guest timswait

The accident was obviously caused by a number of factors, some of which were the drivers fault, some of which were the riders. The driver didn't take sufficient care when pulling out, considering the sun was in his eyes. The rider was on an unroad worthy machine. If he had been at normal height he may have been spotted by the driver. If he had been on a proper bike with proper steering and brakes he may have avoided the car. If he hadn't been smoking weed his reactions may have been quick enough to avoid the car, or his judgement better to have seen the car was likely to pull out. If he had been wearing protective equipment he would probably have survived the acciendent.

The balance of the blame seems pretty squarely on the rider's shoulders to me.

Irrespective of who was to blame for what,

the car driver was involved in a fatal road accident.

This will be on his mind for the rest of his life,

he will not consider the conditions that caused the crash.

He will never forget it, it will be with him always.

In time, like all news of this nature, it will be forgotten by the vast majority,

it will fade from the press shortly after the inquest or even before.

It will fall down the list of past posted topics on RHOCAR.

For the driver he will remember it every time he sees a minimoto.

He will remember it every time he has to turn that same corner.

He will always remember it.

Nishka :ph34r:

The accident was obviously caused by a number of factors, some of which were the drivers fault, some of which were the riders. The driver didn't take sufficient care when pulling out, considering the sun was in his eyes. The rider was on an unroad worthy machine. If he had been at normal height he may have been spotted by the driver. If he had been on a proper bike with proper steering and brakes he may have avoided the car. If he hadn't been smoking weed his reactions may have been quick enough to avoid the car, or his judgement better to have seen the car was likely to pull out. If he had been wearing protective equipment he would probably have survived the acciendent.

The balance of the blame seems pretty squarely on the rider's shoulders to me.

Agreed, that seems like an objective viewpoint.

I'll let you off then :D :lol: :wub:

Must be my americanised ears or in this case eyes :p :D

Eyes and ears are getting better, are they? Yes, the US does wonders for your health, u r right. Must be the great weather and food here in calif. ;)

Car...oh yeah, that. Have you ever seen a picture of it??? ;-)

I am redoing the engine bay and nose area, because the glue didn't stick. My fault...clamping malfunction.

Just bought some new rivets...ran out of the larger (1/2" long) ones. The new ones are aluminum w/ a steel mandrel. I was worried about rusting, but the company that puts them out claim that the anodizing of the steel keeps them from rusting...hope so!!! The new rivets are also much beefier (stronger).

When I was on a Traffic Department down south a colleague of mine was driving an unmarked car when he received an emergency call. He reversed into a side road, and pulled out too soon - was hit by a taxi driver who failed to equate the noise of the sirens to the unmarked car in front of him.

Yes, it was careless driving on the part of my colleague. -_- His supervisors reported him for the offence and he was convicted of careless driving. We all supported him in court and had a whip round to pay his fine. :(

And what happened to the taxi driver? Turns out he was actually using a false name and was driving without insurance and was already disqualified. Oh, and he failed a breath test. Was he prosecuted?....er..no he wasn't as he was seen as an innocent victim of some poor police driving. <_<

So Larry (Knock-on), hows does that one sit with your police conspiracy theory? :p

Sad to say but this will be the first of many fatalities involving the misuse of off-road and mini-motos on our streets. :mellow:

Firstly, the officer has made a mistake and it's correct he paid for it. This is not always the case though ;)

Second, the Taxi driver should have had his car impounded regardless of blame. With the new powers the police have, hopefully unlicensed menaces like this can be taken off the road.

I have to say though that not knowing much about this case, it's hard to comment on. In my experience, sometimes drivers make mistakes. Most people have very little training to use their cars on the road and accidents happen. Sometimes there is careless driving and sometimes it's literally just an accident. There must have been sufficient evidence in this case for a prosecution and that's what happened this time ;)

Going back to the case in hand, the driver made a mistake and somebody died. If he had not of made the mistake, the man would in all probability been alive. However, was it due to careless or dangerous driving?

The facts here are:

"I have seen videos of him driving around that afternoon and he was driving on the road without leathers, without a helmet, without a licence and without insurance and he had cannabis in his system.

Responsibility for this accident and subsequent death must rest largely with the bike rider and I find it difficult to punish the driver in this situation unless there was sufficient evidence to suggest he was driving at a level far below what would normally be expected.

In today's culture, we always need someone to blame whereas sometimes, accidents just happen.