Helmet Wearing?

Guest Eric

:unsure:

after Richard Hammonds accident ,was left wondering if we should be wearing helmets when driving hoods/7esque type vehicles ?

i've got my own lid but use it mainly for track work, although did use it on busy A1 recently and while going around the Nurburgring in a tintop!

any figures on rollovers on British roads at British speeds?

any ideas on likelyhood of occuring

wondering how others felt?

ek B)

Guest alan rowe

I tend to wear a helmet when going on a bit of a drive mainly to stop being blown inside out as I've not got a screen - it also would protect me from flying objects - bees, wasps and the like plus stones flicked up by other cars --- these would seriously hurt when travelling at speed

A

I've often thought about this myself but decided against it as i think it takes away a lot of the pleasure in driving an open topped car. No matter what you wear there will be that element of risk in our sort of car. And hopefully nobody will be driving at 300mph. Nice to hear that Richard Hammond is now out of intensive care.

Barry.

Guest micky bigthumbs

top of my head sticks up over the screen YES stones hurt ....and with my helmet on my head is higher than the roll bar so the helmet would be no good. the roll bar no good..and if you had a good shunt it would probably kill you anyway :(

Guest Battery Bill

Alan

I tend to wear a helmet when going on a bit of a drive

Is that your annual 5 mile "endurance" drive that you are on about ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not bothered about a Helmet unless on track days agree with Bazwas there, I do try and wear sunglasses when driving at least they stop dirt or flies (Bit hard at night I agree).

think it's just gonna have to be a judgement call, use helmet when i feel the need, but it's certainly always gonna be in the car now.

got hit in the cheek (face! :p )by a wasp at 70 (me not the wasp :lol: ) and boy that bugger didn't half hurt! :o

totally agree a lid spoils the experience of driving the hood somewhat

i also have 2 pairs of safety glasses, one with a sunglass like tinting, and find these work extremely well

thanks for your input guys

cheers

ek B)

Guest chris brown
i think some of you, who use helmets should post some pictures, (before i buy one ) ?

Just come along to Wales to the track day you will see lots of us wearing them then. :D :D Better still get a helmet and join in the fun,

Hi,

I haven't fitted the windscreen so I've been wearing a helmet when driving the 2B. It's not uncomfortable wearing one and the visor already has a few insects splattered on it - glad I didn't get those in my eyes! I lifted the visor today at about 60 mph and it's incredibly windy. I don't think it would be very comfortable driving long distances without one. I got a pair of helmets from Aldi when they had a special offer on. I can't remember exactly how much they cost but I think it was about £25 each :unsure: . Seems like money well spent to me. Cheers,

Edward