Robin Hood Factory Visit

Guest gdc

hi i am going to the rhsc factory friday 6 oct. the new owners are having a sale.

seems like a good opportunity to have a chat about this issue .

are they to continue production of the lightweight?

are they going to produce an upgrade kit to allow the lightweight to stand a chance of passing the sva.?

will they support the lightweight builders.?with info.

if as a lightweight builder you are able to go please ask as many questions of the new owners as are relevent to the situation we find ourselves in.

best regards graham

Guest keithscc362
hi i am going to the rhsc factory friday 6 oct. the new owners are having a sale.

seems like a good opportunity to have a chat about this issue .

are they to continue production of the lightweight?

are they going to produce an upgrade kit to allow the lightweight to stand a chance of passing the sva.?

will they support the lightweight builders.?with info.

if as a lightweight builder you are able to go please ask as many questions of the new owners as are relevent to the situation we find ourselves in.

best regards graham

Hi Graham,

unfortunatly I cant get to the factory.

I have only started the kit and several items were out of stock when I picked my kit up.

The new owners tell me they will be pleased to sell me the items I am missing( im not a happy chap as you can imagine)

can you please let me know what problems you have had with the kit in particular the ones around the S.V.A.

thanks mate

cro

hi my problems are that the kit sold appears to be not fit for purpose

if you read the sva report for trevors ,you can find it in this section.

there are basic design problems,

mine was finnished and trimmed i thought ready for sva.

wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will have to strip mine back to the tub only and streagthen.

regards graham

57 views in 40 mins

it must be a topic worth discusion

1 reply?????????????????

how many lightweight builders out there???????????????????

Hi,

Ive just registered tonight, so bear with me! I will be going on Friday for some bits and bobs so there must be at least two of us building!!!!!

Ive just stripped mine down and doing the reinforcing at the moment.

Si.

Guest zoomzoom

I hope to be going on friday, but to be honest i'm not much interested in what the new owners do or don't say on the lightweight as i expect them to say that its not their problem. (hope I'm wrong)

Am I correct in thinking that as new owners they have no obligation to anything the previous owners did or offer any warranty to parts/kits sold by them?

It will be interesting to see if they continue to sell the lightweight!!!

As for me well I need a loom, lights, seats and some trim so maybe I'll find them on friday. :blink:

Marcus

57 views in 40 mins

it must be a topic worth discusion

1 reply?????????????????

how many lightweight builders out there???????????????????

I have been following the issues that have been posted re lightweights over the past week and have just registered. I am a lightweight builder myself.

I have spoken to Technical Richard at RHSC at he tells me that they have sold around 100 lightweights some going abroad. It means there are about 90 still in the UK all having the same problems.

hi i do think it worth posing some questions t o richard regarding out standing issues .

whilst rhsc have no obligation to honor warrantees or past non despached orders.

i do believe they have the moral responsibility to co-operate and help with situation,

after all 90 pis d of lightweight owners can make a noise , but only if the majority of us make ourselves heard

dont be backward in comming forward.

rhsc have always looked at rhocar.

it might nake a difference

speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest gripe was not being told about all the extra's you needed to build the car <_<

fraid I can't make it to the auto jumble :( to ask any questions

but would like to know if any future l/w's will include strengthing in the suspect areas or instructions on how to .

not given up on it yet just :)

Guest keithscc362

I feel so let down by this company having only owned my lightweight for two months.

I have arranged time off work to attend Fridays sale, I agree with what hes been said so far and feel if we stick together we can work these problems through.

It would be nice to have the company behind us of course but that remains to be seen.

See you there.

Keith.

to all interested parties .

i have had some replies to my post regarding a head to head . any one interested should e mail me at

gdcheating@hotmail.co.uk

if we can sort this meet out it would be good for a sat or sun if you are traveling from any distance and subject to numbers i can accomodate some overnight . keith seems to have booked his bed already ,floors clean though bring a bag. i will lay on grub and beer. if you are in contact with others re this prob contact them and let them know ,

i have started to sort the rear and have attached some photos.

i welcome all comment good or bad . with some brain bashing and some beer we can sort this dont be alone!!!!!

ps you dont have to be a lightweight builder !!!!!!!!

attached before and after photos

post-1622-1160252612_thumb.jpg

post-1622-1160252678_thumb.jpg

Edited by gdc

Guest keithscc362

Hi Graham,

As I said on the phone im keen to sort this out,

Your build is way ahead of mine but I suppose this will allow me to strengthen as I go.

The photos look good and as we said I would like to keep steel to a minimum.

I will brig the hob-nob's and some beer.

( ordered my seats today so I can see what space is left for beefing up).

Keith

hi keith

i love hobknobs

as i have said before the more brain power the better at the end of the day i am only a poo---------r

plumber.

this weekend i have completed the mods to the nearside rear wishbone mounts that makes 2sides done.

also formed i no chassis rail to pick up on the modified rear end and run foreward to run against the origional right angle under the tunnel looks propper!!!!!!!! just the other side to do (run out of ally angle and rivvets)buy some tommorowif you know anyone interested in this meet let me know also an od post wouldnt go amiss.

me think lots more builders out there appart from the 7 of us that are trying to sort this out

regards graham