White Dial Kit

Guest Sean Foden

Guest Sean Foden

Can anyone help me. I have decided to fit a white dial kit to the sierra clocks from my donor. I have ordered a set off Ebay which has now arrived. There are no fitting instructions with it. Does anyone know how to dismantle the clocks so I can stick the white dials on ?? I have removed the front to expose the clocks but I can't get the needles off, and I'm too frightened to pull too hard in case I damage them. Help Please.

Sean

The needles are only an interference fit on their spindles. The spindles are very thin, but strong if you gently pull in a straight line - they would only break if you pulled 'off line'. You might be better off putting some leather cloth or something similar over the surface of the clock and gently prising the needle off.

Good luck!

Guest Sean Foden

It worked. Thanks. I do however have a slight problem. The speedo and Tacho have a zero position to line up to. But the fuel and temp dont, The spindles just seem to keep turning. I didn't mark the position of the needle beford I removed it. How do I set them back up again or have I broken it ???

My reaction is that the fuel and temp guages are hardly calibrated so putting the needle back near the empty and cold positions should be OK.

That is unless the fuel guage is one of those that stays showing how much fuel you have even when the ignition is off. In which case I would temporarly wire it to the sender and let this drop to the empty position and energise with a 9V battery (they are designed to work with a voltage regulator of approx 8V). this will set the guage to approx the empty position so that you can allign the needle

Guest Sean Foden

The needles are fine, I managed to get them off without breaking them, but it was a very tense few moments. The only problem I have is a start position for the fuel (which keeps it's position when the ignition is off) and temp. I have put them back on where I think they go and hopefully I can adjust them when it's all wired in and working. Which shouldn't be too long as it's starting to look like a car now, rather than a boat which my neighbour thought it was ???

PS Thanks for the offer of a spare set Mr Enforcer