Sva This Friday 15.12.06

Guest nik4chef

Guest nik4chef

Hi, getting all stressed out - got my Superspec going through SVA at Newcastle this week!

Can anyone tell me if I need a build up inspection; this is a kit made with all new parts (bar recon rear axle)and should qualify for a new registration number...if I need an inspection I've read on forum that it may be possible to have this done at same time and location as SVA.

Also rear luggage cover supplied s/steel lid/flap has a number of decorative holes on upright/handle is this a fail issue?

Thanks,Stan. :( :o

The holes are only a fail if the edges arent of the correct radius.

You will need a built up inspection report, its probably worth ringing the sva centre to see if it can be arranged at the same time.

Guest turbo dave
Hi, getting all stressed out - got my Superspec going through SVA at Newcastle this week!

Can anyone tell me if I need a build up inspection; this is a kit made with all new parts (bar recon rear axle)and should qualify for a new registration number...if I need an inspection I've read on forum that it may be possible to have this done at same time and location as SVA.

Also rear luggage cover supplied s/steel lid/flap has a number of decorative holes on upright/handle is this a fail issue?

i asked my examiner in aberdeen today if i would need a build up inspection for my superspec and he said that he has not done one for about 3 years and he didn't know where the forms were best thing to do is phone up your local dvla office and ask them if you need one as i belive that many parts of the contry are different my one dousent need one

its not the holes that they are bothered about its the sharp edges on the outside of the holes i would put some trim on them just to be safe

Guest Ken Brough

Stan My 2B went to Newcastle for the SVA Apr 04. To book the SVA I needed a chassis number. To get a chassis number I had to trailer the car to Eagle Star House Gosforth so they could verifty the engine number and issue a chassis number. They have an agreement with the garage directly opposite who stamps the chassis and completes the official documentation for £22. Do you have a chassis number or did Sandy lane allow you an SVA without one.

:D

good luck for friday Stan

sandy lane centre is a bit of a building site at the minute :lol:

you could come out with an sva'd jcb if you're not careful :p

would you have any objection to a spectator, i bought mine ready built , never had the pleasure of sva :blink:

ek B)

Guest rhetorical-oracle

You'll need a build up inspection for the DVLA to register the car. Had to trailer my SuperSpec to the 'local' (40 miles away) DVLA office in Chester after the SVA, but I think you can pay extra for the build up to be done at the SVA centre, but they'll just give you some paperwork that you'll then have to take/send to your local DVLA office to get the car registered.

I used the Chassis number that Robin Hood supplied for my car, as this was the chassis number on the 'Certificate of Newness'. This was stamped into the chassis, and I pop riveted a stamped plate (that RH supplied) onto the bulkhead in the engine bay.

As for the holes in the boot lid I put some fine mesh between to the 2 panels when I built it, so you can't put a finger through the holes. You'll definately need to use some gommets or edge trim on the edges so they aren't sharp.

Good Luck on Friday.

Phill

Guest nik4chef
:D

good luck for friday Stan

sandy lane centre is a bit of a building site at the minute :lol:

you could come out with an sva'd jcb if you're not careful :p

would you have any objection to a spectator, i bought mine ready built , never had the pleasure of sva :blink:

ek B)

Eric - glad to see you on Friday (8am start) Thanks for all advice everyone!

Fingers crossed..Stan