A Day On The Skidpan

Guest shane1664

Guest shane1664

Our company sent my best mate and i on a skid control and advanced driving course today, ive just got back and still excited! Loads of places now offer this facility, but these guys train some of the police that do the skidpan at lincoln police HQ.

4 acres to play on and they push you really hard, but i feel loads better for it, much more confident if the worst came to the worse. I also mentioned that im building a hood, and have never driven a rwd before. He gave me loads of tips on oversteer correction and let me have a good play.

Brill fun and i would highly recommend it, its about 10 mins from the cadwell park racing circuit in Lincolnshire :D

Manby Motorplex

Shane

I know what you mean - this really is great fun but is a fantastic way of learning how to drive a vehicle on the edge of its handling capability without all the fuss. I had a few sessions during my advanced course on the skid car based at RAF Upper Heyford. At the time it was a Mondeo, sat on a hydraulic cradle. The instructor can simulate any number of situations by independently controlling the ride height of each corner of the cradle.

Not so much fun if you were sat in the back - I can remember feeling quite poorly at one point! :wacko:

Great way to learn how to drift as well!

Even better fun is training for 'TPAC' - dealing with pursuits using a 3 car rolling block. We practised this for hours up and down the runway at Heyford, 70mph 3 abreast with balloons held between the cars' wing mirrors!

Guest peter2b2002

I and two mates used to do that on the m4 near Slough, if on the way to lunch at the stores in slough we saw some d--k head cutting people up we use to block him in and take him passed his exit. great fun, but i was much younger then.

pete2b