Brake Pipe Flaring Kit

Guest Alex Spratt

Guest Alex Spratt

I brought a brake flaring kit from a show a while back and came to use it yesterday and managed to brake the "post thing" off the 3/16 double flaring piece!!Eekk

So my question does any1 know where i can get a replacement part from?

Thanks inadvance.

Alex

I brought a brake flaring kit from a show a while back and came to use it yesterday and managed to brake the "post thing" off the 3/16 double flaring piece!!Eekk

Thanks inadvance.

Alex

depends whose it is.... mines a snap-on and i know they swap them.... so if it looks the same, they may sell you a new one ??

who made it ?

Guest oldfatbloke

Thanks inadvance.

Alex

I bought one cheap and mine did the same , do what I did and buy a branded make

it renders your whole set useless some of the guys selling tools at shows are non contactable !

regards oldfatbloke

Guest Alex Spratt
I bought one cheap and mine did the same , do what I did and buy a branded make

it renders your whole set useless some of the guys selling tools at shows are non contactable !

regards oldfatbloke

Welcome OldFatBloke

i know i shouldn't have brought cheep but just draw in to buying things, i brought the amazing drills that never break and now theres only 1 left!!! (lost the address to that company, but they have probable change name now)!!!

Can any1 recomend a make and how i should expect to pay! the best think is i only need to flare 3 more ends!!

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex

Guest robinj66

For only 3 more ends, i would go to a local (small) garage or possibly a motor factors - they are often quite happy to do it for you in exchange for a "drink". Would certainly be cheaper than buying a"proper" tool.

I was lucky enough to borrow my neighbours quality tool - he told me they were around £90+ at the last show he'd been to :blink:

Guest Alex Spratt
For only 3 more ends, i would go to a local (small) garage or possibly a motor factors - they are often quite happy to do it for you in exchange for a "drink". Would certainly be cheaper than buying a"proper" tool.

I was lucky enough to borrow my neighbours quality tool - he told me they were around £90+ at the last show he'd been to :blink:

The chap in my local part shop did offer to do them the other day, but they are all in the car!! and his flaring machine is bolted to his counter.

I would ask to borrow one on here, but i dont fancy breaking someone else's, But if someone (or group of you) local to Birmingham (Great Barr area) fancy coming round and doing them there are biscuits waiting(i will do special requests on the biscuits (but not coconut rings(they are the food of the devil))).

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex