Government Petition... Get Signing

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Not only will they be a nightmare to fit (you'll have to pay for it I imagine & the cost to have it fitted & certified like a Cat 1 alarm but worse) will also be able to easily calculate average speed on journeys or over specific routes or whatever... it's only a short step once the technology is there plus it will cost a bomb to install & administer.

I don't think it will replace road fund licensing (car tax) either, it will be an additional.

Anyone think of any plus points?

Signed it and sent it to everybody i can think of. I am fiercly opposed to what i see as yet another tax on the motorist.

And once a black box is in the car, your only a step away from speeding based on average speed across a distance.

• 4 weeks later...

Logistically it would be a nightmare i don't think it could ever happen the cost of the infrastructure to cope with tracking every car on the road would be unbelievable. I guess they would try and pass it on but it would be hard.

And don't even get me started on the human rights issues of knowing exactly where you are and how fast you have been driving.

Grrrrr and they where they can stick there identity cards as well which they will try and make us pay for.

Rant over.

Andy