Club Track Days

Guest Takumi

Anyone thought of a club track day at a race track..? maybe snetterton for the EastAnglia bunch..

Thought it would a great idea to pitch the cars against each other..

let us all know.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Takumi.

Am I to assumed that your based in East anglia? :unsure:

We in the East Anglia group have looked at track days in the past and snetterton is well out of our price range :( .

Piddy.

Hello.

we did have an old airfield booked earlier this year but then the owners let us down after most of the arrangements had been made. :angry:

It was an insurance issue. :(

There are members actively trying to find suitably locations in this area and have been for the last two years. :(

Piddy.

Guest andymids

If you wanted an airfield, you should have come to Bruntingthorpe a couple of weeks ago - and being a charity do, we paid a fiver each (donation), gave some runs to a few kids from the hospice and few punters, then had the rest of the day to ourselves -

If everyone wants a track day, why did I get no replies to my advert? - three free places went to waste! :angry:

Come on guys - if you want area secs to put on events especially if circuit owners want a deposit, we need your support!

Andy, Midlands Area Sec.

I know of a bunch of Saab drivers who did a track day recently at Anglessey circuit. There wasn't many of them, so rather than having the track to themselves for the day, they let the circuit take bookings from other clubs, which brought the cost down for everyone.

Because of the remote location, they made a weekend of it.

I'll try and find out how much it was.

edit: less than £150 per car +1 driver apparently, and £25 per extra driver.

Guest mickmellors

If there is sufficient interest, perhaps a second day at Curborough earlier in the year ?

There must be other sprint tracks around the country run by local car clubs like Curborough is - let me know of any by e-mail to mick@rhocar.org as well as replies here to make doubly certain that I get the info.

Other things are in the melting pot which will be announced as and when arrangements are made but if it comes off it will be good fun. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest timswait

Did anything come of getting the Top Gear test track, as that would be fantastic? I'd definitely be up for any fairly cheap chance to thrash my car round, especially after missing out on Curbourgh due to mechanical failure, and the cancelling of the Sheepscare. Sorry I couldn't make your charity day Piddy, I was away on holiday at the time, if it's happening again I'll try and be there though.

Guest MikeD318

The best thing to do would be to write to Top Gear and see if they'd be interested in doing an article on the club and the cars. You might have to submit to one of the cars getting a good thrashing from the Stig though. :boohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an example of costs involved, 3 years ago I contacted Bedford Auotodrome, which is Johnathon Palmers set up to enquire on their prices, this is part of the reply I got. I didn't bother to ask any further, I wonder if the prices have gone up much since then?

'Having said that we are expensive for a full day hire at £12,000 plus VAT. What a few of the on track driving clubs do is hire the venue for a summer evening when the cost drops to only £2,500 plus VAT for a session from 17.00 to 20.00.

Let me know whether the members are interested and we can discuss availability'.

Peter Bell. :o

Guest Battery Bill

I am looking into if ex RAF Swinderby (Lincolnshire) do hire out for track days, they have motorbike club days and the odd amature car race so fingers crossed, Also a mate works on the Lancaster bomber at East Kirkby airfield and is going to ask the owner if there is a possibility of a day there.

Will let you know when I find out anything.

Bill

Guest Tim Norman

I have approached BookaTrack about Elvington. Individually they charge £100 a day. but if the club took the whole day then we might be able to negotiate a discount :D

Guest Tim Norman

Right then time to put your money where your collective mouths are.

For an exclusive track day at Elvington we would need 40 cars. Before I take this any further I need to know how many of you would actually turn up and pay best part of £90. ;)

Cheers

Tim