West Of Scotland Camp And Run

Guest turbo

Guys,

I'm planning on putting a few lines of information regarding the Scottish trip in the next issue of "Boys in Hoods" for the benefit of Hoodies who do not visit this forum. OK?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest turbo

ok lads any one have any preferred campsite numbers and i will give them a call regarding availability

also a revision on who is still up for it as it is only a few weeks away.

cheers Jamie ;)

Turbo,

I don't know whats happenede to the mag.

But count me in. I don't care where I camp. so long as it's got a pub, breakfast facilitys, great views, good W.C.'s showers etc and I can park next to my tent. :D

Red7

Guest Tim Norman

The mag is very late as the printer had a big value job on when we sent it to him. He has promised it will be with us by the 27th so it will start landing on your doormats week commencing 30th April.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest turbo

today i spoke to some camp sites for the isle of sky area trip.

a couple said no and one said i cant book for tents,so i have picked the one that i think has the best location etc.

it is called shiel shop and campsite and is situated at shiel bridge on the A87 at the bottom of loch duich.

the site is basic with brand new showers etc. there is a shop on site and a pub 10 minutes walk.

the price is £5 per night.

location of site is nearest for arrival and is perfect for runs out to sky and applecrosss etc.

the site requires me to confirm with them on how many pitches to keep so if you are interested let me know as soon as possible

the dates are fri 25th leaving mon 28th may or if you wish perhaps just the weekend.

if anyone from down south wants to travel up to the lanarkshire area on thursday night to break the journey let me know and i will sort you out ;)

Guest red7

Turbo,

Put me down for the duration. Watch out for replys from Kenny Brough & Andy Starforth. Gordon McNabs in Aberdeen and wants to meet up, should he aim to meet at the campsite? I think us Geordies would like to break the journey in your garden if that's what your offering.

Steve

Guest turbo

Looking at Gordon Mcnabs location there doesn't seem to be a suitable meeting point - he is probably best to meet us at the campsite, but I'm sure he will let us know

I'll get the mower out, the beers in, the pool table dusted down and the pay-out topped up on the fruit machine :lol: :p ;)

Guest red7

Were do you live? You realise you'r the leader of the pack on the run north. :D Will we be allowed into Scotland with England flags flying? Only joking.

Guest turbo

25 miles short of Glasgow - 300yards off Jct10 M74

England flags are at your own risk - remember we still use stones as weapons in these parts :D

Guest Ken Brough

count me in Jamie. quote name='turbo' date='May 8 2007, 10:31 PM' post='131939']

25 miles short of Glasgow - 300yards off Jct10 M74

England flags are at your own risk - remember we still use stones as weapons in these parts :D

Jamie

Yes - finally back on the road - 1st decent 100 mile run yesterday :rolleyes: - fixed the fuel leak :huh:

So yes I'm up for it but can't get Friday off so I'll be looking to catch up Sat a.m.

Who are all going????