Good Value Gauges

peter_m7uk

On the look-out for gauges now and, having done a market survey, these seem to be the best

value I can find, Racetech gauges, from Rally Design. I've

also spotted TIM gauges, but why don't they do a speedo?!!!

I want electronic, rather than mechanical gauges. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Pete B)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at ETB and they are good value, but their electronic speedo is £152.75!!

Did you get a mechanical one? If so, how much hassle was it to fit and how accurate?

Ta,

Pete :D

Guest gordon_macnab

I got a VDO complete Kit with senders from Lowtension I think it was , they were only about £200 but that was a couple of years ago.

They used to sell on ebay but don't know if they still do.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete

I used ETB guages except for the rev counter/speedo for which I used a Veypor digital guage - Think it was still aroud £150 though but does lots of clever stuff. Have you thought about a cycle speedo - you get them for ~ £30.

Heres mine dash.jpg

I was looking at Telemetrix gauges, they seemed to be available at the right price and are the modern brand of CAI who used to be called Smiths and still make Smiths branded gauges. Then at Stonleigh I spoke to Revotec who resell CAI gauges with their own brand on and a bot of a mark up. They did a show offer that was cheaper for the same gauges that going direct to CAI but with a more expensive brand on them. :)

Guest allenr03

I've bought Telemetrix gauges including an electronic speedo and tacho. 6 gauges (fuel, oil temp, oil pressure, speedo, tacho, water temp) and senders (speed sensor, oil pressure and oil temp) have cost the best part of £400 though. But they do look nice and one day they look even nicer..... when I fit them!