Oil Pressure Switch

Guest allenr03

Guest allenr03

Does the ecu on the Rover engine use the oil pressure switch?

Can I get rid of it and replace it with the pressure sender and temperature sender I have bought for my dials? (With the t peice obviously!):wacko:

Edited by Richard Allen

Don't know if the ECU needs it but you certainly do. No way will you read the dials often enough to have any warning of imminent engine death if you are driving it hard. Fit a 'higher pressure' rated switch and a decent sized warning light close to your line of sight. T in the pressure gauge sender and fit the temp sender in the sump.

Nigel

Guest allenr03

Good point! I suspect I won't have time to look at anything :-) (When I'm driving well within the legal speed limits of course B) )

How do I fit the temp sender in the sump? Can I get a sump plug with a hole in it, lol?

I've already got a t piece and a 10bar sender.

Found them on Demon Tweeks :-)

Cheers Nigel

Guest paul091085

i used one of these on my pinto linky

my one was for a pinto and works fine. not sure if thats the sort of thing ud be after, but is a simple way of doing it. Ud have to check that they do one for rover engine

Edited by paul091085

Guest chris brown
i used one of these on my pinto linky

my one was for a pinto and works fine. not sure if thats the sort of thing ud be after, but is a simple way of doing it. Ud have to check that they do one for rover engine

you will need an adapter to convert to a remote filter in any case as the filter on the rover lump hangs down and gets knocked off on speed bumps (do a search for dredd’s saga) you could then possibly fabricate a union for the temp sender at the same time.