Wheel Bearing

Guest paul091085

Guest paul091085

Just phoned fords parts centre to find out how much a rear wheel bearing would be and i was quoted £63!!! :o Don't know whether he looked up the wrong part, but how much should it be for a wheel bearing?

Hi Paul.

I wouldn't go to Ford directly! I got mine from my local motor factors for £20 each, although

I get trade discount, so probably closer to £30 for the general public. Still less than half the

price of Ford, though! I think mine are made by Quinton Hazell, who do good quality copies

of consumable parts.

Cheers,

Pete B)

Guest timswait

There have been posts on here of people complaining that third party bearings aren't as good as the OEM, and people have been having to replace them after only a few thousand miles (I think it was Big Jim). Just a word of warning.

Guest chris brown
There have been posts on here of people complaining that third party bearings aren't as good as the OEM, and people have been having to replace them after only a few thousand miles (I think it was Big Jim). Just a word of warning.

I know Jim doesn’t like "copy" parts but I have been in the trade some time (too bloody long) :wacko: working for small independent garages and we have always obtained parts from motor factors and I cannot recall one occasion when we have had a customer come back with a bearing problem. In any case the manufactures don’t make there own parts and the chances are you will be buying the same part at the motor factors only in a different box.

Guest TerryBarry

Some years ago we had a "Bearing Shop" in the High Street.

They used to sell bearings by manufacturers like SKF and Timken for half the price of the Ford or BMC item.

Unfortunately they closed down and have currently been replaced by a charity shop :wacko:

do a search for bsl, they do all bearings and all kinds of seals for everything engineering,all there stuff is good stuff and can be found nationally.

for a hood i would think any bearing would do but i use bsl as they are nearbuy and good quallity

(brammer ltd) i think

after taking out seals or bearings from your diff,engine etc they will supply the part with the numbers on the part not like quoteing (a rear wheel bearing for a sierra)

hope this helps someone :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mitch2b

Hi Paul

I have replaced all my wheel bearings, diff bearings and gearbox bearings. I found brammer Ltd ( BSL) the best for quality and price.

Hope this helps

Sam

Just bought a rear wheel bearing yesterday from my local motor factors. Was £29 for the larger bearing set (later sierras with rear disk brakes and ABS) and £20 dead on for other models.

Gareth