Speed Cameras

Guest alan rowe

Im gonna get linched here....

I agree with speed cameras :o :o :o its just there locations I dont, outside a school, great! on a straight dual carriage way with no junctions and armco, plain stupidity! the number of people who break from 65 to 55 when they should be doing 70 must cause more accidents!

Guest chris brown
Im gonna get linched here....

I agree with speed cameras :o :o :o its just there locations I dont, outside a school, great! on a straight dual carriage way with no junctions and armco, plain stupidity! the number of people who break from 65 to 55 when they should be doing 70 must cause more accidents!

Well said Stu. There is a place for them as you say schools, hospitals and known accident black spots but straight roads aren’t any of those.

Guest paul091085

I think average speed cameras are the way to go on larger roads. keeps people at a constant speed which should help traffic flow and like Stu says, you get none of the sudden breaking when people see a speed camera at the side of the road.

Guest alan rowe

that's exactly what they are currently setting up on the A14 between Huntingdon and the M11 Paul

a new 60mph speed limit is to be imposed and average speed cameras set up with the current 7 "safety" cameras bieng removed (no doubt being relocated somewhere else in Cambridgeshire)

Guest micky bigthumbs
that's exactly what they are currently setting up on the A14 between Huntingdon and the M11 Paul

a new 60mph speed limit is to be imposed and average speed cameras set up with the current 7 "safety" cameras bieng removed (no doubt being relocated somewhere else in Cambridgeshire)

No they are all comming to the west mids...they spent millions for gantry cameras on the m 42 but they had to stop using them untill they are painted yellow and can be seen so they intend to import more :D

Guest chris brown

Since when have you been able to average 60 on that stretch of the A14? It’s normally a very long car park or at the best a crawl

Guest Giggling_Buffoon
Since when have you been able to average 60 on that stretch of the A14? It’s normally a very long car park or at the best a crawl

Usually between 7:00 pm and 5:00 am. Reducing the speed limit along that road is going to make journeys to Standsted a bit slower.

Guest alan rowe

you are dead right Chris - I unfortunately have to drive it every day -- the justification of the reduced speed limit is that it will get more cars on the road as the gap between each will be smaller

In reality the average speed at rush hour is more like 5mph and every body is nose to tail

This is costing £2.5m - what a complete waste of money

A