Fitting Fuel Inlet To Rh Stainless Tank?

Guest tegwin

I have the RH stainless fuel tank, one hole for the sender assembly and another hole the other end to take the fuel inlet pipe...

However...it is just a hole, no drilled holes to bolt anything to it etc..

How do you attach a pipe to the tank?

What do most people use for the pipe, tank attachment and filler cap?

Thanks.

Dunc

I think most people use the tank end of the sierra filler neck (cut down) and the sierra tank seal. Oh, and then a load of petrol proof sealer!

We used a bit of copper microbore pipe made into a pipe clamp to make the filler neck seal:

PICT0089.JPG

if money will allow i would scrap the RH tank altogether particularly if you are running an injection engine. They are the wrong shape and fit very badly into the boot area.

I had one purpose made by Allifabs (they are usually at the kit car shows) it is wedge shaped so when in situ allows you to have a flat boot floor. it has the stubs welded in place for the fuel sender - they will even fit if you let them have at manufacture. it also has breather pipes at the top and a swirl pot and outlet to connect to external fuel pump. A very nice piece of kit. Nicko has subsequently bought the same tank and also is very happy with result. Cost me circa £90 as he had one made up for another hoodie builder who did not collect but i think Nick was charged more. the benifit of this system is that you dont need separate swirl pots etc which can cost almost as much as the whole set up. I know allifabs have kept the dimensions so they can make up others.

should have a photo if you let me have email address if you are interested.

From memory the hole on the left is for the fuel filler pipe (2b) and the rhs for the sender. if you do a search there is a lot oof info re tanks / swirl pots.

nb all fuel pipes need to be appropriatly stamped as fit for this purpose.

phil

Guest robinj66
We used a bit of copper microbore pipe made into a pipe clamp to make the filler neck seal:

Have to say I think that's a very clever idea and one that i might well nick & use myself :D