M/soft Office Xp Standard 2002

Guest sparks

Guest sparks

One for the technos,

From someone who remembers wireless's.

I have a laptop running windows xp home edition, but the spreadsheet and word are not really up to much when I use the laptop for work and try and work on files transferred from m/soft excel and word.

I have the opportunity to purchase m/soft standard office xp 2002 version.

Will i just be able to put in the disc and it upgrade automatically? or do I have to do something more complicated.

The laptop was new in august 2006.

Thanks

Sparks

Guest salty_monk

Should be fine. What you have with your XP home isn't office it's "Works" which is an awful limited give away thing....

Office will install separately from it, you can either leave it on there or do the add remove programs & delete it.

I did exactly the same with my machine & have run 2002 on it ever since.

Dan

Guest sparks
Should be fine. What you have with your XP home isn't office it's "Works" which is an awful limited give away thing....

Office will install separately from it, you can either leave it on there or do the add remove programs & delete it.

I did exactly the same with my machine & have run 2002 on it ever since.

Dan

Thanks for the advice Dan. I wil have a go if I get chance this week.

Sparks

Guest stu205

open office is fine for home use for letters and simple spread sheets but if you want it to transfer files to and from work with more complex sheets it can sometimes get lost in translation

Not sure how much you are able to purchase it for but Office 2007 home and student version is available for £90 ish. You have to have someone in or associated with education in the household and it can be installed on 3 computers.

Edited by geoff shep