Road Tax

Grizzly

Guest TerryBarry

From BBC website :-

TRANSPORT

Fuel duty up 2p per litre, in line with inflation.

Road tax on highest-polluting vehicles up to £300 and to £400 from April next year.

The least polluting vehicles while have their duty cut to £35

It looks like 2.0 litre is unchanged

Guest TerryBarry

The old Pinto falls into group PLG TC-11, Under 1549cc (If you've got a 1300) but most of us are over 1549cc

The "Gas Guzzlers" are in Group TC-48 Group G over 225 g/km ( and registered after 23/3/06)

I just have a nasty feeling they'll catch up with us one day

Guest peter2b2002

i will have see what my disco 300tdi will cost next year, glad i got rid of the old range rover that used to blow holes into the ozone layer

pete2b

Guest tom2b

The chancellors a gibbon, i bet the extra revenue wont be put towards the road let alone combatting carbon! The rise in revenue wont put me off getting a nice big gas guzzler next, make the most of it before the cost is prohibitive in this country.

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Tom,

Once again I have to comment on your attitude to animals

First time it was woodlice and now you're insulting primates.

Gibbons are quite cute - mind you there is some resemblance there

post-19-1174490179_thumb.jpg

Guest crwoodford

Typical.... Fuel duty up 2p per litre, in line with inflation.

Mmmmm puts hand on Chin looks skyward and thinks for a mo.....

If he stopped increasing the price of things, inflation would go down!!! Jeeeeese!!

Must clean my rose coloured glasses.

(End of rant!)

Regards

Col (Taunton)

Guest tom2b

Lol terry, the word i wanted to used began in W and ends in, well you can guess. I am trying to be more "polite" on here but i agree gibbon may not have been the best choice of word.

Guest salty_monk

Did you see the global warming program on CH4? Basically Poo pooed all accepted notions of global warming & CO2 emissions & blamed it on the sun.... very interesting.

Funnily enough they have the test data to prove it too & the editor of the first science program that suggested saying it's all a way to make money & allow scientists to get grants.....

Watch it here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=90...;q=The+Great+Gl obal+Warming+Swindle&hl=en

Dan :)

hi regarding climate change i am with dan

i have to fit high effiency gas condencing boilers customers dont realy want them but the building regs dictate that they must be fitted, to all new installs and upgrades there is a way of ovoiding their fitment but i have yet to find anyone that has fulfilled the nessarry criteria.it is not based on the cost of the instalation.

new condencing boilers are not as reliable as the proven standard efficiency ones,and the effect of all the vans running around to repair them must negate their fuel savings .

also the global warming effect is supposed to be affected by water vapour !

all condencing boilers produce large ammounts of the stuff just look at a newly installed one on a cold day all you can see is a cloud of the stuff filling the air.

i think its another one of those jobs for the boys ,and an excuse to raise taxes and worry us to death so we dont complain.

graham

Guest Daren.F

I also fit boilers and I find the new boilers only seem to be designed to last 8-10 years, how environmentaly freindly is it to replace a boiler every 8 years.

I service lots of standard boilers that are 15-25 years old, and one old boiler thats 40 this year :wub: