Rocker Breather Cap Too Tall

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

I have just tried fitting a breather rocker cap to my bonnet and its too tall for the bonnet! Can i get a slim line cap or does anyone have any ideas on tackling it without major car surgery?

Guest mastarforth

yes you can buy a slim line cap, not sure if somewhere like halfrauds do one, but I am fairly certain that there is a slim line one in the Burton power catalogue!

Guest Phil Slater

Tom

Of course it will depend on where it is making contact. Mine was catching on the centre join of my bonnet so I took my grinder to it and - shall we say relieved :rolleyes: the area above the breather that was making contact.

HTH

Guest shane1664

I had the same problem, as im not using the re-breathing facility i just took a hacksaw to my cap, now currently flat, still with the mesh in it... just looking for something fancy to put over the top of it.

Shane

Tom

why dont you use a standard low filler cap, couple of quid , and then when you're changing your rocker cover gasket you can drill the rocker cover and put a 15mm tank connector from a plumbers merchant with a small piece of copper pipe in the hole

from this you can pipe oil vapour away to your catch tank

probably cost about a tenner all told

Steve

it should be ok if you mount it well up the side of the rocker cover, but if you're worried you could fit a deflector plate similar to the one under the filler neck or stick some of the gauze from the filler cap in the pipe

Steve

quote plumbing stuff isnt cheap

now you know why it costs to get plumbing work done !

as enforcer says the take of with a deflector plate seems the way to go

regards graham (the plumbing and heating chap)

Guest tom2b

I was going to use the take off and deflector approach but it was easier to chop the connet joining seam.

After seeing the price of that one piece i can now appreciate why plumbers are so expensive