New "hood"

Guest daywalker

Its certain other people who drop little snide comments in here and there, their sole purpose seems to be negative.

That will be me then and whats more im really not bothered unlike you i lost money and untill such time as rhsc/gbs put that right then it will only be a negative from me

After all when it hit the fan all richard kept telling me when i phoned up was just keep building "ours passed" when all the while they were distancing themselfs from the liability of the product

RHSC/GBS are the modern day sheriffs of nottingham and cowards for running away

Till next time ttfn

the lightweight engine has been changed today , not running as yet but hope to sort it tomorrow.

the problem ,

a washer !

a bloady half pence washer.!

i can only think that when the carbs were sorted they were taken of and refitted and someone at the tuning place has dropped it in the ram tube and not noticed .

it has luckly only damaged the rear piston actualy looks like its been shot with a shot gun.

i checked the valves and the head and all ok .

but still trying to get it to stoneleigh and today fitted the spare block and refitted the burton head.

so if all goes well tomorrow timing oil and water and a test fire.

a bit concirned about the valve to piston clearancecos the burton head is a big valve head.

we did have 70 miles of realy good fun out of it before the washer and head decided to have a close relationship and even with the pain in the wallet beleive it or not i am still grinning from the run out on sunday.

see what happens tomorrow and if ok i will try to make stonleigh

regards graham

ps tim thanks for the kind words

but i am still to be convinced

Guest Tim Norman

You and me both ;)

Good luck with the engine, mine looks like it will be ready by the end of May. The wishbone conversion was designed for the sliding pillock not the 2b/04 and there are some big differences. The majority have been overcome I just need to sort the steering rack position as it is now some half an inch lower and about the same distance forward of the original position.

The joys of Hoodism :lol:

hoodism ?

sounds a bit like a cult ( i said cult )

good luck with the re work and if we bump into each other at stonleigh i will spring for the beer

looking foreward to a chat

regards graham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nishka

Is it just me or does anyone else think that there may be a problem with the front wishbones on the 'Zero 7'?

The lower front and the upper rear pivot bushes are held on in single shear, will this not lead to undue stress?

Nishka :ph34r:

Guest timswait

Unfortunately I didn't make it to Stonleigh, so I'm only going off the photos I've seen. The 07 looks pretty good, like an updated improved locost, which I still reckon is a better way forward than the ali monocoque. Loading the wishbone bolts in single shear is definitely not ideal, but I've seen it done on other cars (including the Jedi single seater which seems to go very nicely indeed), the bolt just has to be thicker than it would need to be in double shear.

Guest cryoman
Is it just me or does anyone else think that there may be a problem with the front wishbones on the 'Zero 7'?

The lower front and the upper rear pivot bushes are held on in single shear, will this not lead to undue stress?

Nishka :ph34r:

Had a close look at that on Sunday at the show and thought exactly the same thing. It may actually be strong enough, but peoples perception of what it normally should look like puts doubt in peoples minds.

I am not an engineer so i am probably wrong.

Guest allenr03

I didn't look at the front much but I was surprised that the roll over bar cross members bolt into the ali back panel,it isn't structural at all. I wouldn't like to be in one if it all went pear shaped and the wheels were pointing upwards. (Actually I wouldn't like to be in any car in that situation!!) The chassis does look really light though.

Rich

Guest gdc

i mentioned the same thing to richard at the show,

and for literaly pennies the problem that i see re the rollbar stay could be addressed , during construction or at production stage, connecting the bottom of the stay to the rear chassis member.this would also give the feel of some rear protection ,however limited.

graham