New "hood"

Guest daywalker

Guest daywalker
:huh: Hey guys anyone have any idea when it will be available for purchase. when will it be on the website. they had a page for it in the "news" portion but it has since been takent down.

Guest ScotMac

And what happened to the new "lightweight"? Richard said next week about a month ago, and their site has been saying "shortly" for atleast that long...

Oh, now i see...the site now says at stoneleigh...guess i better see about plane tickets, if i want to see it! ;-)

The "new" web site news: http://www.greatbritishsportscars.com/index.php

The new 07 lightweight will be launched at the Stoneleigh kit car show

The new car will allow the use of many of the original Robin Hood Lightweight panels

The car will be very very competitively priced staying true to the core values of the company

We will launch 3 versions of the car this year to suit all tastes and pockets

The number of cars ordered at the last show significantly beat last year years and we continued the following week with a kit ordered every single day

Double figures ordered in 7 days!

so with no advertising that i have seen, these kits seem to be selling like hot cakes?

it should be at stoneleigh great !

3 vertions , great this should appeal to many different builders with varying depths of pocket.

but what happend to the hood?

if the kits are being sold already have any been finnished and svad, prior to release?

with the product posibly unproven are we heading for lightweight disaster number two!!!!!!!!!!

if the car is good then great, but test it first before release, if gbs is confident of the new car perhaps it should be tested at an sva station that is not so used to seeing rhsc cars.

i realy hope this is good for gbsc but at the same time the car has to be good for the customer,

cos in 12 months time and these cars come for sva it would be nice not to be told (our one passed cant see the problem)and your basicly on your own.

please right the wrongs of the past,build and sva one but not at nottingham

show us all the new gbs .

the lightweight has been the butt of many a joke recently and many members have seen fit to jibe about the lack of sutability of the kit, but to a great extent this has stopped since the revised car passed sva.

prove the sceptical ammongst us wrong.

Guest Tim Norman

Can I suggest then that you fill in your details and stop hiding behind your anonymity. If you are going to slag people off have the decency to do it to their face. <_<

i have a big gob but i am staying well out of this.

any way i blew up my new engine today

so i am well amused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not

graham

the only thing i will add is that there is an underlying distrust(if thats a word )

and the wronged purchacers of the lightweight have a point .

the point of view of the wronged should be heard.

perhaps drc7 s views are not expressed constructivly but this guy like many others has lost a lot of money and copletely lost confidence in gbs rhsc ,

with the history is it to much to ask that the new products be proven prior to sale.

scotch in hand and a very large hole about to appear in wallet, said enough and good night

regards graham

Guest Tim Norman

I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinion. Hopefully GBSC will do the right thing and step out of the shadow of RHSC and get it right this time. If they don't, I will be in there, with the rest of you, telling them what I think. In the mean time I am prepared to give them a go at putting things right. I know a bit more about what went on in the dark, but not so distant, past and can understand some of their problems. What I do have a problem with, is people who stand behind the fence with the balaclava on lobbing rocks and attitude in to the fray.

GBSC will be at Stonleigh, as will I , if you want to have a chat bring some food, a tent and beer and I'll be waiting.

hi tim

you are the boss !and i respect that.

i am happy to discuss the issue at any time ,i will be at stoneleigh as will i hope may others .

i am not standing behind the fence ,

i think that i have as many others have been are on the front line .

after building the car once, only to tear it appart to streanghten it and build it again i think i have a right to grizzel

i have proven the lighteweight to be sva able and road worthy .

should we not ask the questions re sutability and sutable for purpose?

i understand the issues regarding gbs and the rhsc thing and their willingnes to try new things ,

but at the end of the day we are their guiney pigs.

we spend the hard earned !

questions need to be addressed.

i dont want to talk down the mark of gbs i WANT THEM TO SUCCEED

cos at the end of the day they will hold the key to spares and future projects ,

i am not a bolt it together person i like to be challenged so any future project should be gbs.

please dont get the arse cos some of us are grizzling its cos we think we need to be heard .

and the lightweight issue has left some 100 purchacers ,not behind the fence but in a very deep hole.

the issue aired some monthes ago and many members have moved on .

however the lightweight builders especially those that have kept the faith have soldiered on

to complete their dream .

dont forget these cars are usually not bought on a whim and the other half in our lives has to be convinced that the purchace is worthwhile. so to get crap from the supplier and the other half is unbearable

we as builders of our dreams have to be convinced that we are not wasting our time and money

i know of one builder who is building his lightweight for the memory of his father!!!!!!!!!!

so please dont knock us for venting our concirnes.

we have been at the end of the queue after the tax man vat man and the liquidator

more than happy to discuss this at any time with anyone.

but i dont think an exibition stand at a show would be appropriate.

mayby the camp ground away from the public

cos as i say i dont want to harm the gbs brand

regards graham

if you want to discuss this further i am on 01582867152

regards graham

Guest Tim Norman

It isn't you behind the fence. I respect your stance and resolve, you got the lightweight through the SVA. That task alone puts you up there with the greats in my mind. Its certain other people who drop little snide comments in here and there, their sole purpose seems to be negative. This forum is to help people, you have done this in spades and I respect you for that. I really sympathise with you at the moment though. Like me you have spent ages getting your car on the road only for fate to open your wallet and empty it. Hope you, and I get our cars back on the road soon.

See you under the stars for a consolation beer. :D