Finally Got It

Guest sim

Picked my 2b+ up saturday what a day that was 4 hour drive each way and about 3 hours loading time.

the guy i purchased it from was a great guy gave me loads of extra bits i may need it came as a rolling chasis but gonna strip it down and start again but where do i start started watching the vidioes but don't seem like there in any order it's a 2b 2003 model with the plus pack so not sliding pillar 2ltr pinto efi with injection bonnet my main worry at the moment is the fuel system as it came with a rh 40ltr stainless fuel tank which i believe i can use but need to modify? for the injection system i have considered carbs but would prefer to keep the injection system if poss.

my first job is to rip the engine and box out as it's a auto going to pick manual box and flywheel,pedal box etc from gbsc on friday if anybody could point me in right direction for order of build and the fuel tank problem i would be grateful

going to send my membership form in this week as soon as i can get to a printer lol

many thanks

si

oops forgot to ask about my v5 lol

it came with log book and chassis plates but don't seem to have been sorned for at least past 4 years or so should i just send it off as new keeper of vehicle or ring dvla up explain i just brought the parts of the car to be used in kit any advice appreciated

cheers

Edited by sim

Guest cryoman
oops forgot to ask about my v5 lol

it came with log book and chassis plates but don't seem to have been sorned for at least past 4 years or so should i just send it off as new keeper of vehicle or ring dvla up explain i just brought the parts of the car to be used in kit any advice appreciated

cheers

Send the form of stating that you are the new keeper. Also state that you require the vehicle to be sorn.

Dont mention the car is in bits/parts.

That is all you are legally required to do.

HTH

Nige

for the fuel tank you can either get a small extension welded on the bottom of the RH tank, or buy an extra swirl pot to feed the injection system then plumb it all up to ensure the fuel stays cool.

Colin Usher has a pretty comprehensive build site here

some of his engineering solutions are more than you'll need , but plenty of info and pics

Battery Bill has a good site here too

video index - from Colins site

tape a

tape b

tape c

tape d

Steve

ali fab do a tank with swirl pot built in specially for the 2B. Its shaped specifically to fit into the 2B and as its sort of wedge shaped you get a flay bottom to the boot area. Mine cost me £90 circa 18mths ago but i think the price might be circa 120 now. They had one on display at the coventry show a couple of weeks ago. Its a much better job that the RH stainless tank so worth a look at.

if you want any furtehr info let me know

phil